Holier than Thou?

BelindaN

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1673 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Maybe too much wine, BUT......

I never go name calling or flan flinging. I always post as if you're across the table in a coffee shop. I never engage in playground spats.

SO.....Do I qualify as HTT????

Can anyone beat that? 

Maybe its time to run for cover.😛

• Like 2

Well, I try to behave* in the same way Belinda, so I guess that makes me AHAT (as holy as thou)?

*I don't always succeed. Some people annoy the piss out of me. I guess you're back to HTT!

Edited by Eva Knoller
I can't even use wine as an excuse
  • Haha 3

I don't think that's being holier than thou. Unless of course you try to make a point of having the moral high ground and that your opinion is thus more important.

Personally, if I perceive something to be 'holy', it only invokes a desire to watch it burn.

Ghost_Kings_Theatre-10.jpg?w=980&q=75

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Lexxi, how can anyone hum that!?

Well, it's in the diatonic key of E minor, albeit with additional use of a diminished 5th, which can be hard to sing as a harmony, hence it's nicknaming as 'diabolus in musica' in Renaissance and Baroque choral music, but otherwise should be manageable for anyone familiar with European tonal music.

Edited by LexxiXhan
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

That phrase puzzled me when it popped up too, but I figure that it's part of someone's private joke or spat or whatever.  I'm not sure what it means.

I believe it may have been about me. I've managed to pick up a bit of a stalker and she's decided that I am evil incarnate. I'm getting death threats and the like. As she likes to point out, I'm old. Not quite sure I'm ready to be put down yet, though, and her prison sentence would be longer than my remaining natural years.

... sighs dramatically ...

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

I don't know what this means but it sounds like fun.

Flan flinging originated way back on a UK kids saturday morning show, called Tiswas. There was a Phantom flan flinger, who appeared from the wings and shoved a large foam flan/custard in the face of the guest.

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-samsung&source=android-browser&q=what+did+tiswas+mean%3F

Edited by BelindaN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Maybe too much wine, BUT......

I never go name calling or flan flinging. I always post as if you're across the table in a coffee shop. I never engage in playground spats.

SO.....Do I qualify as HTT????

Can anyone beat that? 

Maybe its time to run for cover.😛

That just makes you a civilized person. I admire civilized people and do my Best to avoid their polar opposites when I can; unfortunately they rule Politics, Talk Radio and Reality TV.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29bcf82eb458dbab7c7d

19 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

As High Priestess of the Forum, I'm holier than all of you.

I don't know about this two titles thing you have going on now, but I suppose you could be High Priestess *because* you are the Nefarious One.

Regardless, your forum picture is definitely 'hole-ier' than the rest of ours. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1673 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.