Sign in to follow this  
Storm Clarence

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 173 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wanted to just thank all the gals for making my Valentine's day so very special.

I was recently warned not post names so I will refrain from doing so, but the wonderful gifts (and several marriage proposals) were overwhelming! I almost had a tear in my eye. 

I got chocolates from. . . oops I can't say.
I received a wonderful massage.
I was delivered 2 bunches of flowers - they are so beautiful, thank you girls.
I got a spectacular bottle of wine.
I got a mug with my our names and BFF written on it.
I got a fruit cake (from anonymous).
I got a John Coltrane vinyl LP - how thoughtful.

AND I GOT 4 MARRIAGE PROPOSALS!   \O/
(although my record is 5 proposals, I still felt very w̶a̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ g̶o̶o̶d̶ v̶i̶r̶i̶l̶e̶ honored.

Again, thank you ladies. 

Was anyone else as lucky as I?   Tell us about it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, Storm Clarence said:

Was anyone else as lucky as I?

I got pizza from my daughter (so I didn't have to cook), chocolates from my husband and a phone call from my son ...

All in all I was very happy with my V-Day. :)

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Storm Clarence said:

I wanted to just thank all the gals for making my Valentine's day so very special.

I was recently warned not post names so I will refrain from doing so, but the wonderful gifts (and several marriage proposals) were overwhelming! I almost had a tear in my eye. 

I got chocolates from. . . oops I can't say.
I received a wonderful massage.
I was delivered 2 bunches of flowers - they are so beautiful, thank you girls.
I got a spectacular bottle of wine.
I got a mug with my our names and BFF written on it.
I got a fruit cake (from anonymous).
I got a John Coltrane vinyl LP - how thoughtful.

AND I GOT 4 MARRIAGE PROPOSALS!   \O/
(although my record is 5 proposals, I still felt very w̶a̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ g̶o̶o̶d̶ v̶i̶r̶i̶l̶e̶ honored.

Again, thank you ladies. 

Was anyone else as lucky as I?   Tell us about it.

OK, I admit it, the fruit cake was from me (it sadly wasn't, but sounds like something I would send anonymously - a fruit cake from a fruit cake and all that ;) ) 

As for the marriage proposals - women are like chocolates, don't eat them all at once. The nuts will always get you, and the soft centres will ooze sickliness just about everywhere. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Storm Clarence said:

I was recently warned not post names so I will refrain from doing so,

That is just for name and shame. Like you can't say Steve is w@nk.r because he stole my music spot in xy club. 

But you can praise somebody because it is positive. Like Steve is a great dude because he give me a land rover

I don't know Steve he might not exist he is just an example.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

women are like chocolates, don't eat them all at once. 

General good advice don't eat humans neither man or women. 

2 hours ago, Zzevir said:

General good advice don't eat humans neither man or women. 

... and don't eat off them either (believe that may be a thing in Second Life somewhere).

Edited by Marigold Devin
a bit too tired to type
  • Like 1

We got trashed on gin, mutually agreed to ignore all chores for the next 24 hours, watched a bunch of dystopian future movies and then went at it like rabbits like the true millennial stereotypes we are. It is not easy to keep going with the gun-fu scenes from equilibrium in the background. 

hearts and lovey stuff is fine and all but in this household the primary foods consumed are alcohol and kraft Mac and cheese, nobody has made the bed in 3 months and all my bills are prepaid for the next 5 years

unconventional is how I like it

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

OK, I admit it, the fruit cake was from me (it sadly wasn't, but sounds like something I would send anonymously - a fruit cake from a fruit cake and all that ;) ) 

So, you are saying it is possible that a fruit cake sent a fruit cake to a fruit cake. . .

scratches head

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Storm Clarence said:

Can one re-gift Valentine's day gifts?  I would think so.  I mean if it ain't good it just ain't good. 

Having a memory recall here for some reason. I worked at Marks & Sparks a few years ago over the Christmas and New Year period, on customer services. Someone brought back a lingerie set that had obviously been worn/used! I would hate it if I was the recipient of a used lingerie set that had been regifted - ew!!

I'd take an unwanted fruit cake, from a fruit cake. There's just something special about a fruit cake. The King of Cakes. 

• Like 1

Had a good set in-world, and gave my fav teddy bear to all guests. Still have to give those teddy bears to some dearest friends in-world...belated Bday gift, lol. Then I just keep spending my wonderful Bday planning, packing and buying stuff as prep for my classes. That's that🤷😂

Oh ohhh, My mom made a surprise delivery of CHOCALATE bouquet for me and my siblings, and then a FLOWER bouquet fro my father. It was nice I guess, had a very nice family dinner too! Messaged and called several close friends and wished too. It was lovely actually😁❤️

Edited by SusanPoora
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Zzevir said:

That is just for name and shame. Like you can't say Steve is w@nk.r because he stole my music spot in xy club. 

But you can praise somebody because it is positive. Like Steve is a great dude because he give me a land rover

I don't know Steve he might not exist he is just an example.  

Steve who? Sounds like an arse to me. It wasn't a Land Rover...

image.png.13ffcbc7b44f259c15bcc1d24d7cc1fd.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

I'd take an unwanted fruit cake, from a fruit cake. There's just something special about a fruit cake. The King of Cakes. 

The fruitcake is not the re-gift, it is the coffee mug etched with 'our' names and bff.

I would enjoy sharing the fruitcake, Mari :)     Two fruit cakes eating a fruitcake. . .

PS  I'll bring the weed.

1 hour ago, Storm Clarence said:

The fruitcake is not the re-gift, it is the coffee mug etched with 'our' names and bff.

I would enjoy sharing the fruitcake, Mari :) Two fruit cakes eating a fruitcake. . .

PS  I'll bring the weed.

As long as it's not a piece of skin with names and bff together tattooed on that's been gifted to you. Now THAT would be impossible to regift without a few raised eyebrows!!

Skip the fruit cake - let's have brownies instead ;)  

• Like 1

Here are a few details by number of Valentine's Day for those of inquiring minds:D

Total spending for the holiday is expected to top $18.2 billion, according to the National Retail Federation. That's an average of $136.57 per person.   So if you got spent on less than 136.57 go ask your loved one for some Venmo or PayPal bucks.

Just over half of Americans -- 54 percent -- are expected to celebrate the holiday this year, the NRF said.   (I did not know you were not allowed to participate in Valentines Day!)

Jewelry is the most popular Valentine's Day gift: 20 percent of consumers are expected to buy jewelry, spending a total of $4.3 billion, the NRF said.  NRF stands for National Retail Foundation btw.

Loved ones are also expected to spend $2 billion on flowers, according to the NRF. The most popular Valentine's Day flowers are, naturally, roses; 250 million roses are produced for the holiday, the Society of American Florists said.   Thank the 250 million roses who sacrificed their stems!

But nothing can replace love letters. Couples will exchange 190 million greeting cards during Valentine's Day, according to the NRF. Americans are expected to spend $1 billion on cards, according to the Greeting Card Association.   

Image result for hilarious valentine cards    Here is the Valentines Day card I got from Maddy!  Thank you Maddy!:D 

2 hours ago, Jace2112 said:

Here are a few details by number of Valentine's Day for those of inquiring minds:D

But nothing can replace love letters. Couples will exchange 190 million greeting cards during Valentine's Day, according to the NRF. Americans are expected to spend $1 billion on cards, according to the Greeting Card Association.   

Image result for hilarious valentine cards    Here is the Valentines Day card I got from Maddy!  Thank you Maddy!:D 

It can be a pricey holiday, I'm glad I was on the receiving end :|

PS Maddy once sent me a card with three of those words written across the flap.
(and it wasn't even Valentine's day!)

Edited by Storm Clarence
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 173 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.