Linking Mesh Items to a mesh body

Metric Halfpint

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Now I know this is a pretty basic question for those in the know, but I am not and I have searched in most places and so far, nobody wants to help. But,,,I have made a garter that is supposed to fit to to the right Thigh of the wearer (Upper Right Leg) Now I have "attached" it in the same manner as one used to with prim type bodies (prior to mesh) but alas, when the leg bends, the item stcks out quite a way from the avatar. So How does one make these things stay put? Please? and thank you in anticipation.

13 minutes ago, Metric Halfpint said:

Now I know this is a pretty basic question for those in the know, but I am not and I have searched in most places and so far, nobody wants to help. But,,,I have made a garter that is supposed to fit to to the right Thigh of the wearer (Upper Right Leg) Now I have "attached" it in the same manner as one used to with prim type bodies (prior to mesh) but alas, when the leg bends, the item stcks out quite a way from the avatar. So How does one make these things stay put? Please? and thank you in anticipation.

Are you attaching it to the UPPER LEG?   These days items like that are often rigged to the leg for the various mesh bodies, but before we had mesh bodies I remembered them as working so did a quick test.  It works just fine for me.  You need to attach to the upper leg, then move it around and resize as needed to make it fit and then take it off and put it on again to make the orientation "stick".    Not sure what you could be doing wrong, but those are the steps.  Moves just fine with the leg. 

image.png.b6378a7cfa98079cc06fd63134c3d1bd.png

I see ehre you both agree to taking it off and putting it back on, I will try it again, I thought I had done that. BUT we all know what THOUGHT did dont we? However, the main point is, that is, adding or wearing is no different to attaching to the older body(s). So I shall try again and thank you both.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.