conned out of lindens

Hoops Boa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1525 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

if by conned you mean that a person promised to do something for you or was a loan and you paid them and then they never delivered on their promise or paid you back then Linden regard this as a Resident-to-Resident dispute

and Linden won't get involved in Resident-to-resident disputes.  A Knowledge base article here:

is a bummer when this happens tho

On 2/14/2020 at 5:45 AM, Hoops Boa said:

Hi whats the best way to deal with this, i was recently conned out of 1000 lindens which is not a lot but how can I get it back? I did report the player is kind of thing dealt with?

It depends on the way in which you were conned. If you were promised a good or service or land at a certain price, Linden Lab will not get involved as per their TOS, it's a user-to-user dispute that you will have to deal with on your own. If they gave you some object that started debiting your Lindens, well, that's why they have a warning saying that objects do that and don't say "yes" to them. If, for example, they said they work for Linden Lab and for $1000 they will do something for them, that might get their attention.

You can always try abuse-reporting them but it's awfully hard to get attention to such reports especially if they are a business dispute rather than an actual theft. If you gave your password to someone, that's on you, and itself is a violation I believe. So you lost $3.75, less than the cost of a latte, it's not worth being upset for long. The advantage of an abuse report is merely that it builds up a record in case there's a lot of people being scammed by this person.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1525 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.