Linden Homes Photo Thread LIVE @ The Expo

Nikki Mathieson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1511 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Come visit the Bellisseria models adjoined to the Home &  Garden Expo 2020!  Come check out the amazing showcase of how they can be decorated using the allotted land impact in Bellisseria.  We are happy to show you what we've done with these new linden homes.  Be sure and grab a style card at each of our models.  Open NOW through March 5th!

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bellisseria Demo/128/132/23

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bellisseria Demo 2/128/131/23

forum live 2020.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

walking through Belli will show the same, and more..
seeing the names you'l even see lot of it at MP, so free advertising for the happy few?

I think this is a great idea for those people who are not already in Bellisseria to see the possibilities of the new Linden Homes. It's not so much meant for those of us who already know (or that is my take on it). It's advertising for LL more than anything else. 

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I think this is a great idea for those people who are not already in Bellisseria to see the possibilities of the new Linden Homes. It's not so much meant for those of us who already know (or that is my take on it). It's advertising for LL more than anything else. 

Thank you, Sylvia.  Exactly that and a point to the Home Expo and Relay For Life, as well.  Alwin, I am hoping we see a happy many.  Maybe you'll jump in on the next one

• Like 4

I trying to take photos of all and put them on my Flickr. It was taking so long to rez things last night because I was on my laptop, today I have made a start on the PC. Hope no one minds me putting their entries on here. If they do, send me a message and I will remove. I have only photographed 4 entries so far [Went a bit mad photographing Marianne's Hardy as I love that style]. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/84249975@N08/

• Like 10

Just now, Elyeah said:

I trying to take photos of all and put them on my Flickr. It was taking so long to rez things last night because I was on my laptop, today I have made a start on the PC. Hope no one minds me putting their entries on here. If they do, send me a message and I will remove. I have only photographed 4 entries so far [Went a bit mad photographing Marianne's Hardy as I love that style]. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/84249975@N08/

THANK YOU!!! 

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

I don't want to bug @RaeLeeH here, so I'll just ask a general question - is there info somewhere for each of the model homes that tells us where items can be bought? Sorry if I've missed an earlier post - have just been looking around her Adams, and can't see where I might find info as I'm still in 'gray mode'. Thanks!

I loooooved the adam's demo at the expo. i'm just  sad that in the n/c with info on it it says only where the arch walls are from , wish she would sell what she's done with them, i'm not a builder lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just finished up my first pass through all the homes (I'm sure I'll be back to re-look at a few of them).  Everyone did such a nice job with the decorating - and it's fun to see names I recognize from reading in the forums here.  One of the things that really impressed me was the wide range of décor styles shown, which is pretty cool considering the randomness of the sign-up process.  I also enjoyed seeing the choices others made for some of the interior spaces of the homes.  I look at a house and mentally assign uses to the different rooms - it's refreshing to see how others have made different choices, and how well it also works.  It was also clear from reading the style cards, how much (and how nicely done) people modify furnishings purchased. I enjoyed seeing how people mixed and matched things from sets, or otherwise chose to modify items to fit in with their overall vision and design.

"Well done!" to all the designers.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

On 2/16/2020 at 4:16 AM, Frigga Freidman said:

I don't want to bug @RaeLeeH here, so I'll just ask a general question - is there info somewhere for each of the model homes that tells us where items can be bought? Sorry if I've missed an earlier post - have just been looking around her Adams, and can't see where I might find info as I'm still in 'gray mode'. Thanks!

Feel free to "bug" me *lol* (It's not bugging, really). If I can help find something or give you some information (if I have it) I'll most certainly try.

On 2/16/2020 at 5:12 AM, heartzwhim said:

I loooooved the adam's demo at the expo. i'm just  sad that in the n/c with info on it it says only where the arch walls are from , wish she would sell what she's done with them, i'm not a builder lol

We all started somewhere! I wasn't a builder once either, and since I don't use Blender or bake shadows I'm pretty sure there are a majority of folks who don't class me as a builder either but that's okay, I do it for the fun of it. There's something extremely gratifying in creating something from nothing and seeing others enjoy it as well. You never know. Just because you're not a builder today doesn't mean you won't be one tomorrow. But even if you don't have any intentions to build that's perfectly okay too. Buying keeps building hobbyists like me in business! ;) 

As for the walls; I never really considered selling them as I usually build first and foremost for my own needs (with my limited skill set) if I can't see what I want already available on the MP, and this was only ever intended to be a "one off" for me. That said, I never considered anyone would want it either which is why it wasn't for sale. If there's demand for it I'll see what I can do. I've still got the original in my invent somewhere to re-mesh (as there are flaws right now that *I* see and learned to live with in my laziness *lol*, they should really be fixed first). I've just finished another insert for a friend so I can take a look at the Adams walls again over the next few days, time allowing. And if you don't hear or see any updates from me on the forums by all means message me if you feel so inclined. I have a tendency to get easily distracted, but I'll get there eventually, I promise!

Thanks so much for your kind words (and interest) both of you, it really does mean a lot! 😊🤗❤️

Edited by RaeLeeH
Added some stuff.
  • Like 9

8 minutes ago, Mitch Merricks said:

Wasn't there some previous chatter about a reveal of some sort at the Expo?  I'm not seeing it mentioned on a few blogs I follow. 

Yes, supposedly the new theme(s) will be shown off sometime during the expo. Presumably where the Victorians were in December.  The spot was there for a second with some green dots before the Expo opened but it was just a test I guess. We are still waiting. The moles are working hard (many green dots) over at SSP.   

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Yes, supposedly the new theme(s) will be shown off sometime during the expo. Presumably where the Victorians were in December.  The spot was there for a second with some green dots before the Expo opened but it was just a test I guess. We are still waiting. The moles are working hard (many green dots) over at SSP.   

Yes, a new theme IS planning to be revealed during the Expo.  Yep, it will be in the same spot as the Victorians reveal.  The Home Expo runs through Mar 5th, so we still have plenty of time.  This is, seriously, like the build up before Christmas!!  :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Nikki Mathieson said:

Yes, a new theme IS planning to be revealed during the Expo.  Yep, it will be in the same spot as the Victorians reveal.  The Home Expo runs through Mar 5th, so we still have plenty of time.  This is, seriously, like the build up before Christmas!!  :)

I want to state that I believe this is totally in line with the original plan, that nobody is behind schedule and for anyone to suggest any different would be foolish, and a fake news conspiracy. 

Hopefully that will save me from the wrath of Patch and his bells of shame. 🔕

• Like 2

I am very exited, although I set my alt that has premium to expire in March, to monthly instead of annualy. The new theme will play a role if he goes back to annual, or if he's going to basic. I will not risk "Oops, there I was billed for a year".

The Super premium will play a large part later this year, too. I am a bit tired of 351 Li. I may cut down another alt this Autumn, depends upon how much land we get.

Last, the time factor. I am spread out in different places. I hold only 2 homes now, and I have barely been in one of them. The location is exellent, I will see how much time I spend there. 4 premium homes of 351 Li each is a bit blah. I would rather have two 702 Li.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

The Super premium will play a large part later this year, too. I am a bit tired of 351 Li. I may cut down another alt this Autumn, depends upon how much land we get.

Last, the time factor. I am spread out in different places. I hold only 2 homes now, and I have barely been in one of them. The location is exellent, I will see how much time I spend there. 4 premium homes of 351 Li each is a bit blah. I would rather have two 702 Li.

A limitation of 351 Li has guided me to be more observant of Li, and fantastic the house doesn't count against that.

While a different product altogether:  There's always Bay City for that double Li of 702 for a 1024, but then you see either higher land baron prices used to direct traffic towards (now fewer & fewer) rentals, Baron's who simply leave land empty (as if forgotten for years) not for sale or rent,  or unsuspecting speculators believing marked prices listed translate to actual sold prices. 

Although some long term residents tend to disagree, I do see a slow decrease in BC land prices.  Under 100k a year ago appeared to be an exception for a lot, now 50-75K priced lots sit for months on end unsold, and the rare Auction hardly hits the 30's on BC land.  It's common to find individuals selling in the 45's and still sitting available for a month or more. It may be an excellent time to consider lower priced dbl prim land to build on.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I am very exited

You know, it's funny, I'm really not excited about whatever the new theme will be.   Perhaps it's because there's been no sign of excitement from Patch or the Moles?  I get the feeling that this next release will be Meadowbrook mark II, you know?  A necessary thing to do, some people will really like it, but nothing thrilling.  Hope I'm wrong! 

The Vics were something else.  A huge territory of gorgeous vic homes, I don't think I ever saw a VIctorian estate that can hold a candle to South Belli for sheer beauty.  The buildup to the Vics was incredible, lots of teasers, huge numbers of speculative postings, people stalking Patch's flickr and likely borderlands inworld, and on release day, Patch saying something like "We're gonna blow this grid wide open!".  This time?  So far, meh.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

You know, it's funny, I'm really not excited about whatever the new theme will be.   Perhaps it's because there's been no sign of excitement from Patch or the Moles?  I get the feeling that this next release will be Meadowbrook mark II, you know?  A necessary thing to do, some people will really like it, but nothing thrilling.  Hope I'm wrong! 

The Vics were something else.  A huge territory of gorgeous vic homes, I don't think I ever saw a VIctorian estate that can hold a candle to South Belli for sheer beauty.  The buildup to the Vics was incredible, lots of teasers, huge numbers of speculative postings, people stalking Patch's flickr and likely borderlands inworld, and on release day, Patch saying something like "We're gonna blow this grid wide open!".  This time?  So far, meh.

I count on a surprise party. ;) Meadowbrook mark II is modern. I hope for modern, not a log cottage in the woods, a treehouse, a hobbithouse or a mushroom house.

• Like 4

Oooooooooooooor @Patch Linden learned a lesson with the Victorians about giving out hints that were too obvious because someone shrieked like a banshee politely informed him that the surprise was ruined and this next release that could be at any moment is going to blow everyone away with the sheer magnificence of it. 

I think I'm more excited for this release than I have been for any of them because I have absolutely no idea what it is. It could be literally anything!

SuspenseisTerrible.gif.9e80a13e889b3dd9b5408676feffc0d3.gif

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1511 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.