Is it possible to get a refund on something I bought?

AWildLucario

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello Awild. A short answer is that depends of the policy of each merchant / brand. It is not impossible.

Open your Dashboard --> Shopping --> Marketplace --> My Marketplace --> My account --> Order History --> Take a copy of the relative purchase --> Open your inventory --> create a New Notecard --> Paste there --> send the notecard to the merchant(s) describing what was happened and asking politely for refund.

Alternatively: Dashboard --> Account --> Transaction History --> copy the relative transaction and repeat the same process as i described.

5 answers to this question

Hello Awild. A short answer is that depends of the policy of each merchant / brand. It is not impossible.

Open your Dashboard --> Shopping --> Marketplace --> My Marketplace --> My account --> Order History --> Take a copy of the relative purchase --> Open your inventory --> create a New Notecard --> Paste there --> send the notecard to the merchant(s) describing what was happened and asking politely for refund.

Alternatively: Dashboard --> Account --> Transaction History --> copy the relative transaction and repeat the same process as i described.

Most Purchases are Final and the Buyer should always choose their selections carefully.

If the Product is defective or missing components, a refund would be in order.

Many Creators will gladly help you in understanding how to use their product.

View the Profile of the Resident you purchased from for details on that Residents preferred method of Contact. If none is listed send that Resident a Notecard or Instant Message explaining your situation. 

being new to sl is confusing and i understand the feeling of being lost. there are so many things to understand and the learning curve may be steep. we have all been there.

with this in mind my bet is the item you bought require some skills you haven't had the time to aquire yet more so than a defect item.

look for a notecard with instructions that came with it or go back where you bought it and read the ad again. if you are still confused - do what knowl said.

and welcome to sl. don't give up just yet :matte-motes-smile:

If the item is copiable then there is little to no chance that you will get a refund, because you can`t send it back.  If it is transferrable, then there is some hope.

Contact the creator, ask first for help to use it correctly & if then it does not do what you had hoped it would ask the policy on refunds for that store.

There isn't a LL enforced rule on that sort of thing.  They don't get involved in transactions between residents in most cases.  The best thing to do is to write a message to the creator detailing what problems you are having and to ask them for assistance or a refund.  Be sure to include the exact date and time of your purchase which you can get by looking at your transaction history.

Notecards are a great way to contact someone like a content creator because IM's will often not be delivered if they are offline.  Just write your message on a notecard, save it to your inventory and then give it to the creator through their profile page.

You could also try telling us what you bought and what problem you are having.  If you are new, it might be that we may be able to assist you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.