Advice please about Gyazo

BelindaN

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1532 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've used Gyazo for quite a while to share screenshots. I use the free version, and only retain a tiny number of images. I realise that older images grey out.

A couple of weeks ago, I saved as usual, and the image appeared as a small saved image as usual.

When I opened it to view, all I got was a short vertical white line in the middle if the normal display screen. It has stayed like that ever since. Anyone who sends me a gyazo clip.....that image does not appear either, just the vertical white line.

I've reinstalled Gyazo, but no change. Is it time limited? Does access stop if you dont subscribe?

And what's an alternative which would provide the same sharing function??

Any advice is appreciated.

I have no idea what could cause it, but I really dislike Gyazo because the page it uses to display images is horribly made if you try to zoom in.

ShareX seems like the superior alternative in general because you can choose where to upload, like Imgur. It has a lot of features though, kinda daunting for a new user.

Personally I use an old and simple thing called Puush, but I don't think the client I'm using is even available for download anymore.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I use GetCloudApp.com a lot for one-off screenshots, etc. The trick is after it uploads, is to get the "direct link" rather than the default "download" link.

The company I work for uses JumpShare.com - whoch is actually a lot better, though their direct links are sometimes too long for these forums to understand, but always had good results from GetCloudApp.

• Thanks 1

Dug a bit deeper on screen capture turns out theres one built into windows 10, called snipping tool. Selected 'Mode >  rectangular snip'. I made a shortcut to the tool and dragged it too the taskbar. Bye bye Gyazo :D 

sss.jpg.5c3c98093c7ac73061bf86ffdda8d711.jpg

And as most will know, the quickest grab of all is tap the Prt Scrn key and paste into editor of choice, but that does a whole screen grab.

Edited by rasterscan

Do the Gyazo images display ok in a different web browser?
If they do, clear cache & cookies from the Gyazo site on the problem web browser.
Possibly a browser plugin you have installed is causing the problem too.

As well as Gyazo, which I mostly use for the quick & easy 60 second gif capture, I use ShareX Wulfie mentioned above (useful for longer gif captures when needed) & for screenshots I mostly use Lightshot, which is excellent & free.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Do the Gyazo images display ok in a different web browser?

What gyazo did to me, and I suspect many others, is after a length of time and many uses, it refuses to open even the last six historical screenshots. Logging in may fix that but I cba to see.

Edited by rasterscan
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, rasterscan said:

And as most will know, the quickest grab of all is tap the Prt Scrn key and paste into editor of choice, but that does a whole screen grab.

PrtScr - make a screenshot and keep it in the clipboard
Windows + PrtScr - make a screenshot and save in in the screenshot folder
Alt + PrtScr - make a screenshot of the current window
Windows + Shift + S - lets you set a rectangle with your mouse and saves the content of the rectangle as a screenshot

Besides of that windows comes with the old snipping tool and the new snip & sketch

No need for external screenshot utilities for me. I use ShareX though for a quick and easy upload and sharing. ShareX has a couple of screenshot options included.

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Nova Convair said:

Windows + Shift + S - lets you set a rectangle with your mouse and saves the content of the rectangle as a screenshot

Did it heard a little bong, but where does the file go ? or is it sat on the clipboard ?

Ahh .. seems to be copied to clipboard ... handy shortcut cheers !

Edited by rasterscan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1532 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.