Intermingled Themes in Regions

lext4sy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1532 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just an idea, has anybody else wished for a region release of intermingled themed homes? I know there are currently regions with trads/houseboats, trads/campers, and maybe etc. but those are geographically separated within the region. I am referring to walking down the street and seeing a victorian, traditional, & maybe one of the new themes to come (if they play well together) lol but essentially this is just a random idea i've always thought this would be a cool set-up since the introduction of varying themes in Bellisseria. I do love the sense of uniformity of homes currently in Bellisserian "neighborhoods", but if done artistically and thoughtfully I feel like intermingled themed homes would be fun and something different. Similar to real life where some communities allow varying home styles while still creating a beautifully done neighborhood, I could see the same in Bellisseria, or at-least hope to see it one day :)

• Like 3

I am not so architecturally aware to think the Trads and Victorians are that different that you wouldn't get a mix of them in an area, even on the same street. There seems like more variety within those groups than there are between them.

I am not so sure about mixing the campers in with them on the same street, I can't really see that working.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 2

Tomorrow - go see the Bellisseria demo at the expo. Cramming all 4 styles into just 2 regions has resulted in a preview of what this mixing could be like.

In real life trads, vics, houseboats, and (not legally) campers can all be found side by side... especially in San Francisco where any non-techie is basically living on the street in a camper they move every other day... but... well...

At least vics and trads make sense side by side almost anywhere they actually occur.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 1

I think that the Trads and Vics work well together and the campers and trailers. For ME the mix of all four is a bit unrealistic in ONE sim.   They could be intermingled a bit more in a different way of course. I spent the whole hurried day styling a second camper in place of a no show person. Tired but it looks good. Hope you all enjoy the event. I am looking forward to seeing the newness.

• Like 2

I wouldn't mind seeing a mix of Traditionals and Victorians, even a few campers IF they appear as they do in the expo with the landscaping/trees and terrain keeping them (or the last one at least) separated. I wouldn't be impressed to have a camper right next door. Houseboats, and having an array nearby, would very likely lag me out. Unfortunately I've found that in my explorations of Belli travelling too close to houseboats sends my FPS into a fitting nosedive, I suspect due to having so many wedged in together at fairly close proximity and the fact many (not all) have boats and planes and watercraft vehicles parked alongside - which is something I haven't seen to the same extent in homes on land. But that's just my experience and I can't speak for everyone, and it would be ignorant of me to do so.

One thing I'd love (but can't ever see happening now) is an update to the Traditionals that allows for wall colouring as was introduced with the Victorians. Having a Vic next door with more "abilities" beside my Trad would give me serious green-eye (and no I've no inclination as yet to move to a Vic as they are all too big for my tastes. I love my Adams too much).

Seeing the houses and boats and campers all together on the expo is quite interesting and eclectic, but I can't honestly say it's something I'd personally want to see or live in. Trying to cater to individual whims of people who want only A and B but no C or D etc would be adding exponential work to the LDPW and IMHO not really necessary. To be honest if it's not broken why fix it? (Which is probably the primary reason for Trads to not be updated with the Vic ability as I previously mentioned, unfortunately).

I'm going to voice an unpopular opinion regardless since my opinion was asked (by all means tell me I'm wrong. My opinion won't change). Having so many styles in the one area has the potential for Belli to start looking like dreaded mainland all over again - depending on how it was done (and again, individual tastes will vary). I for one prefer conformity and uniformity but even now - looking at how so many people are skirting so close to ignoring the covenant or some blatantly defying it regardless the effect on the street, neighbours, or anyone else - its going to be harder to enforce (or at least not as easy to visually pick out rule-breakers as it is now), when you're looking at more than two styles per region. A lot of us have moved to Belli to get away from that "anything goes"/"random and eclectic" mentality. Give me clones before you give me chaos, hands down.

</rant>

• Like 2

I like the split as it is now. The decor of the environment for the Victorians is different to the Traditionals, and I think that should continue.

Trads and Houseboats work well together, and I think Campers and HBs on a sandy area would also work. Where Trads and Campers share a region currently, I like the separation of area just as it is.

• Like 1

Wow, I wasn't aware the 2020 Home & Garden Expo was exactly what I had in mind. It is so wonderfully and tastefully done & I certainly would recommend you to view both demo regions! Hopefully LL will incorporate this mix of homes into future regions 🤞

I like the idea of a Traditional neighborhood morphing into a Victorian, as you walk along a street. Not necessarily interspersed, cause I love the Vic trees & foliage, & that might not work  in a Trad neighborhood.  Campers look quite natural for either style, on a hillside behind the houses.  Ditto houseboats when the houses are at the seaside.  I've seen lots of that mix already in SL, is that different than what you have in mind?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1532 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.