Male Mesh Head - Catwa or another, for Jake?

Sire Sands

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 hours ago, SubZeroWins said:

What about the eyelids as they look like someone is pulling them and cause that stupid shadow on the eyes...

The 'stupid shadow' on the eyes is on the eye texture itself, and is not due to the eyelids. The v4.5 Catwa Bento heads all contain an eye HUD that allows you not only to apply the included eye textures, but also to move any applied eye texture (or BoM/system eye texture) around on the eye however you want to. You can see the 'stupid shadow' showing in this video that shows the HUD in use (originally created to show how to move the 'rolled eyes' textures common to one creator's earlier work downwards), when the eye textures are moved down too far. In that video the eyelids have not changed; it's just the shadow on the texture showing. That shadow - alongside small veins and red shading - is intended to convey realism, as opposed to a non-realistic completely bright white sclera.

The rigged eyes on Catwa heads (and indeed on any mesh heads) are created in such a shape and positioned in such a way that they don't poke through the head when in different positions, such as looking left or right, up or down. One of the most common questions relating to eyes in the Catwa support group is "My eyeballs are poking out underneath my lower eyelid when my avatar looks around", and it almost always turns out that either:

• the person asking is using unrigged eyes and has pulled them too far forward, or
  • they have edited their face sliders to excess, which means the rigged eyes will poke through, no matter what

In addition, for Catwa rigged eyes to sit correctly your eye depth slider must be set to 50 on the Bento heads, or as near to thereabouts as looks good on your preferred shape.

If you really don't want to use the Catwa rigged eyes then you can pick up the bag from the floor of the gift room at the store. That bag contains (among many other things) a set of unrigged Omega eyes, which you can wear instead of the rigged eyes. Using the rigged eyes as a guide (see this video) you can position the unrigged eyes centrally, then detach the rigged eyes and pull the unrigged eyes as far forward as you like, to remove that 'pulled eyelid' look. And we will then be ready in the Catwa support group to explain to you why your eyeballs are poking through your lower eyelids whenever your avatar looks left, right, or down... ;)

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

The 'stupid shadow' on the eyes is on the eye texture itself, and is not due to the eyelids. The v4.5 Catwa Bento heads all contain an eye HUD that allows you not only to apply the included eye textures, but also to move any applied eye texture (or BoM/system eye texture) around on the eye however you want to. You can see the 'stupid shadow' showing in this video that shows the HUD in use (originally created to show how to move the 'rolled eyes' textures common to one creator's earlier work downwards), when the eye textures are moved down too far. In that video the eyelids have not changed; it's just the shadow on the texture showing. That shadow - alongside small veins and red shading - is intended to convey realism, as opposed to a non-realistic completely bright white sclera.

The rigged eyes on Catwa heads (and indeed on any mesh heads) are created in such a shape and positioned in such a way that they don't poke through the head when in different positions, such as looking left or right, up or down. One of the most common questions relating to eyes in the Catwa support group is "My eyeballs are poking out underneath my lower eyelid when my avatar looks around", and it almost always turns out that either:

• the person asking is using unrigged eyes and has pulled them too far forward, or
  • they have edited their face sliders to excess, which means the rigged eyes will poke through, no matter what

In addition, for Catwa rigged eyes to sit correctly your eye depth slider must be set to 50 on the Bento heads, or as near to thereabouts as looks good on your preferred shape.

If you really don't want to use the Catwa rigged eyes then you can pick up the bag from the floor of the gift room at the store. That bag contains (among many other things) a set of unrigged Omega eyes, which you can wear instead of the rigged eyes. Using the rigged eyes as a guide (see this video) you can position the unrigged eyes centrally, then detach the rigged eyes and pull the unrigged eyes as far forward as you like, to remove that 'pulled eyelid' look. And we will then be ready in the Catwa support group to explain to you why your eyeballs are poking through your lower eyelids whenever your avatar looks left, right, or down... ;)

You may be right but like I said is my personal opinion, that head suck.

If you are interested I can show you in world 2 pics, my catwa (before) and my lelutka (now).

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, SubZeroWins said:

You may be right but like I said is my personal opinion, that head suck.

If you are interested I can show you in world 2 pics, my catwa (before) and my lelutka (now).

Thank you, but I'll pass on that offer.

Incidentally, I know that I'm right. I'm a manager and CSR for Catwa, so I'm perfectly aware of how they work, and despite your nicely-worded opinion, I was still happy to help you :)

Edited by Skell Dagger

3 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Thank you, but I'll pass on that offer.

Incidentally, I know that I'm right. I'm a manager and CSR for Catwa, so I'm perfectly aware of how they work, and despite your nicely-worded opinion, I was still happy to help you :)

Thanks for that but I wasnt looking for help hehe

Its good to help others (and I always appreciate this), I do the same with the first chance, even when Im pissed off and my opinion is not nicely given.

But you know opinions are like this glass

5b16293a2000004100b93653.jpeg?cache=qEnz

Being have half empty or half filled, the point is the same and thats what matters.

Have a nice day too pal.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.