buying separate standing ao

brie90212

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

ok...  I usually word this wrong.  I'm far from an expert.  but i am needing some help...  There is a 'standing ao' i want at a ao store.  I only want the standing ao part.  I do not want the walking, flying, running, dancing, etc ao that come with the whole entire ao package. 

Ok...  So this is my question...  If i do buy the standing ao alone.  If I do not buy the entire ao package...  Will it be easy to change from my new 'standing ao' to walking or running because they are made by different brands?  Is there something I can do or something I can buy so I can switch from standing to running to flying smoothly?  Is there a video link anyone can recommend I can watch on how to do such things?  ty

3 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

If it’s labeled as a standing AO. 9 times out of 10 it’s just a series of stands. No walking or running animations included.

When you demo it, does it have walking, flying animations?

hi...  i know this is confusing to explain in a forum format.  but i don't care about the standing, walking, dancing, flying ao.  I don't care about any of that.  I am only 100% concerned with the standing ao...  that is all.

my question was how to smoothing move from standing to walking, etc with the other ao functions i already own.

6 minutes ago, brie90212 said:

hi...  i know this is confusing to explain in a forum format.  but i don't care about the standing, walking, dancing, flying ao.  I don't care about any of that.  I am only 100% concerned with the standing ao...  that is all.

my question was how to smoothing move from standing to walking, etc with the other ao functions i already own.

I understand what you’re asking now. 

You want to go from your standing poses to walking smoothly. Couple of problems with that: 1) If you look closely at even a packaged AO the transition isn’t all that smooth, the difference is those are usually animated, so it’s harder to notice. Whereas going from static to animated is going to be super noticeable.

2) Static AO tend to be jerky even when they cycle through the animations on their own. When you put together your own ao from different creators, you’ll tend to have a bunch of animations where your body is in different positions for each animation. Which will make your body snap to the next animation.

So long story short, what you’re asking for isn’t really possible. 

1 hour ago, brie90212 said:

ok...  I usually word this wrong.  I'm far from an expert.  but i am needing some help...  There is a 'standing ao' i want at a ao store.  I only want the standing ao part.  I do not want the walking, flying, running, dancing, etc ao that come with the whole entire ao package. 

Ok...  So this is my question...  If i do buy the standing ao alone.  If I do not buy the entire ao package...  Will it be easy to change from my new 'standing ao' to walking or running because they are made by different brands?  Is there something I can do or something I can buy so I can switch from standing to running to flying smoothly?  Is there a video link anyone can recommend I can watch on how to do such things?  ty

Answering the question: Brands do not matter. An animation is an animation, provided the creator did it *correctly* it will be a smooth transition from one to the next.

Let me reiterate why you can’t. Animations have a transition. On one end of the transition scale your avatar will literally snap into a pose, on the other end your avatar will move at varying speeds into the next pose, the transition speed of an animation varies from creator to creator and when it was made. Earlier static poses tend to snap.

Most of the time, static poses have a fast transition time.  There are creators that make static poses that transition slower into the next pose, but if you have a pose that snaps into the pose it’s pretty unlikely you have a mod pose where you can adjust the transition.

The only thing you really can do is get some standing poses that have a slower transition. That will help some, but it’s still not going to look completely smooth.

I am concerned about how you write 'standing AO'.  If English is your first language then you are expressing a concept that may not exist denoting some confusion about AOs.

If English is a second language then it is probably a translation matter. Whichever, I'll explain...

AOs are AOs... a flying-AO, standing-AO, or whatever-AO is just an AO with a specific set of animations loaded. In most cases one would buy a standing-AO with its included set of stands and add the animations they wanted, sits, jump, walks, etc. The AO is going to allow you to use any of the basic animations, fly, sit, jump, walk, etc.

My point is AOs are generic. I have never seen an AO that played ONLY stands... I have seen AOs that came with only stand-animations loaded.

Loading animations into AOs is easy.

Janetosilio is right. Animations have transitions. How well that transition works going from one to another depends on who made the animation and basically nothing to do with the AO. 

I'll warn you many of the newer AOs use lots of memory. The older ZHAO II uses way less memory and is free. But, I think, it still uses the older tech which consumes CPU cycles. If you are a Firestorm user that viewer has a built in AO. It allows you to load numerous sets of animations. It is like having several AOs you can change to with a couple of clicks. You get no server CPU load nor server memory consumption.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.