How can I select a better location?

Izador Millet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Izador Millet said:

I'm attempting to get a linden houseboat. I would like a 32x32 end parcel. After a few attempts of acquiring and then abandoning linden locks me out. is there another/better way to get what I want or see what's available?

Are you abandoning because you are not landing the size parcel you want? There is no way to see what is available beforehand ...

• Like 1

You get 5 abandons in a 24 hour period before you're locked out (I am sure someone will explain it better than that though). Be prepared to do what Elena said, a lot of clicking. I used up my 5 abandons a day for 23 days straight until I got one I was happy with, even if it wasn't really in my "ideal" location.

• Like 3

If you look at the map you can see that what you want is VERY RARE and others want the same thing (and if they have it not too likely to give it up).  So your chances are slim. But there are folks here that actually ENJOY trying for months, so if that is you -- just keep trying.  The fact that you actually got to choose between houseboat five times in one day is amazing although perhaps the norm now.  

Many others over the last nine months or so were thrilled to even SEE what they were trying for ONCE a day --- let alone get it in order to see if it was exactly what they wanted. So you now have THAT advantage.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Izador Millet said:

I'm attempting to get a linden houseboat. I would like a 32x32 end parcel. After a few attempts of acquiring and then abandoning linden locks me out. is there another/better way to get what I want or see what's available?

Well, you could look on the map to find parcels that look like what you want, and then check to see if they are owned by someone. That's not very practical, though, and still doesn't get you the parcel. The only way to get a parcel you want is to keep trying till you get it. If you have any alts who are also premium accounts, you could try with them if your main account hits its "five abandons in 24 hours" limit. The alts would need to have 1024 land allowance available to use, or you could, if you and they are in a land group, shuffle the land allowance from you to one of them. From there, you'd still need to just keep trying till you land what you want. 

• Like 3

It really comes down to luck unfortunately. I had been trying since May to land that type of houseboat location, even to the point that I was scoping out houseboat regions that weren’t landscaped or named. Finally my alt caught one in August, by sheer chance during a region release. That one has been a keeper. There’s something about posting in the forums, though. I’ve seen several people land their dream spots not long after posting here. Looking forward to seeing your announcement when that happens for you.

• Like 2

Welcome to ‘The Game of Homes’!

There is nothing you can do to influence what you receive other than being able to choose the theme of the house itself. Be encouraged that houses now become available much more frequently.

Good luck with your search :) 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Izador Millet said:

Pay attention to today's releases, because it's very possible that Zut Alors will be released. There are at least four parcels that match what you are looking for in that region, according to the map. 

• Like 3

My wish is that if you abandon a parcel it is removed from your offers for the 24 hour period. Three times I have gotten the same one (Dogwood) and it is going back in. The parcel is OK am just not keen on the neighbouring property's sparkly trees and glowing orb thingy and I can't de-render because I'm on the official viewer.

So this is my 5 for the day 😣

• Sad 2

It isn't really The Lab's responsibility to help you play the House Roulette game. It is your CHOICE  to play. I think that there are many more important things that they can be working on and I am guessing they agree. So don't look forward to any changes.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 1

The people who have 'those perfect spots' are often the ones who spents days to weeks to even months grabbing and tossing back their limit of 5 per day until they got the right one.

What you have to hope for is somebody on a 32x32 didn't want it, and leaves, and you click to get it before someone else does. That's pretty random, and will take time.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Evarne said:

My wish is that if you abandon a parcel it is removed from your offers for the 24 hour period. Three times I have gotten the same one (Dogwood) and it is going back in. The parcel is OK am just not keen on the neighbouring property's sparkly trees and glowing orb thingy and I can't de-render because I'm on the official viewer.

So this is my 5 for the day 😣

You could hide in a hedge near the property you just abandoned and wait until somebody claims it. Then wait some more to make sure the new owner doesn't turn up and abandon it immediately. If, when you get a property you are not keen on, you see three people hanging around in the street this is probably what they are doing, which also suggests that there are few houses in the pool that day.

You have the choice then to abandon then go do something else for half a day to allow the property stack to refresh, but go check your original property before you make another choice in case it is 'in maintenance' again. My theory is that some people who claim by phone take longer to check their property, so watch out for end of USA work hours and the return of house X.

Also, don't wait in your abandoned property stark naked with your partner then run out into the street together in a panic when the house is claimed. That's a pro tip I picked up after claiming a trad a week ago

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.