What are you listening to?

I just love her "Year of the Wolf" album, and the lyrics of History Boys…… just creases me up every time...……….

There's something very powerful about a voice and piano...…………..my mother was a piano teacher, but I don't have the genes, and I can't sing, so I'm screwed.

Edited by BelindaN
  • Like 3

On 5/19/2019 at 8:51 PM, Madelaine McMasters said:

ETA: This video's going on my list of "heart movers".
ETA2: And "makes one think"ers. It's been haunting me since I first watched it.

I don't know what happens in that video, but I liked how the dog waited outside while she went into the coffee shop. That doesn't happen in RL, at least in Boston.

2 hours ago, Halo Minoptra said:

I don't know what happens in that video, but I liked how the dog waited outside while she went into the coffee shop. That doesn't happen in RL, at least in Boston.

I think the video was intended to be open to interpretation. Duluth's aerial lift bridge has a sad history of accidents and suicides, and is in the background of most of the video's scenes, including the opening. I see the woman as being deterred from committing suicide by the "souls" of those who'd previously jumped off that bridge. I'm still trying to figure out how the dogs figure into the story, other than being the subject of the song. They put a fair bit of energy into that angle. I'll make something of it someday. Regardless what my brain eventually makes of it all, it tugged pretty damned hard at my heartstrings.

ETA: I also liked seeing the dog wait outside. When I was a teen, I often took our family dog to the local drive-in. He'd share my hamburger and have his own kiddie-cone. The first few times we went, he followed me to the window to order, then to the table to eat. Eventually he just ran to the table and waited for me to bring him his meal. Children at other tables would often point and comment, which was more than enough encouragement for me to teach him to sit on the bench and place his paws on the table while he waited. He was a good boy.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Thanks 1