What are you listening to?

Give Yourself to Love -- Kate Wolf

7b9e15cdff778e8311a857779243db6e.jpg

As I've said, I don't spend much time listening to vocal music. I do make an exception for Kate Wolf, though. If she had lived past her 40s, she would be nearly 80 now. Instead, she lives in her recordings as the comfortably middle-aged signer and songwriter I remember enjoying long ago. This song, one of her best known, was apparently written on the way to a wedding, where it was sung for the first time.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Give Yourself to Love -- Kate Wolf

7b9e15cdff778e8311a857779243db6e.jpg

As I've said, I don't spend much time listening to vocal music. I do make an exception for Kate Wolf, though. If she had lived past her 40s, she would be nearly 80 now. Instead, she lives in her recordings as the comfortably middle-aged signer and songwriter I remember enjoying long ago. This song, one of her best known, was apparently written on the way to a wedding, where it was sung for the first time.

When I was in junior high and high school in the mid-70's, I had friends in the folk music community in Sonoma County, and I was fortunate to have heard Kate Wolf perform live a handful of times. 

• Thanks 1