Hey ah na na, sorrow, yeah

[Chorus]
What I see is unreal
I've written my own part
Eat of the apple, so young
I'm crawling back to start

Hey ah na na

What does Rotten Apple mean?

a rotten apple. A person whose own words or actions negatively impacts an entire group of people. Taken from the proverb "a rotten apple spoils the bunch.".

No official meaning from the band but you can read fans' comments below the lyrics as how it speaks to them.

Alice in chains - Rotten Apple - Fans Interpretations of the song

• Like 1

I was watching Straight Out of Compton and decided to look up where Ice Cube got the music for No Vaseline..

I would put that song on here but it would burn the G rating on this place to the ground..hehehe

Anyways, here is where the music came from.. Brick - Dazz which is short for, Disco Jazz

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

YT suggested a piece that I used to listen to decades ago with my first husband.  I suppose it's apt as I was picking out a seasonal card for him today.  Anyway, in the piece someone asks the great question of existence to which answerers respond, apparently unheard as the questioner keeps asking it.  The answerers become increasingly frustrated, meanwhile they are accompanied by those who never ask the question since they are permanently unconscious.  They do sound content, however.

Feeling nostalgic today, listening to some of our vinyl albums that we've kept all these years.

I really enjoy his lyrics, that make the stories in his songs so vivid I can see them in my mind.

This particular song also brings back memories from the late '70's of places my then boyfriend (now husband) went to look at some 'bargain' vehicle, and a couple that we actually bought.