What are you listening to?

One of my favorite, if not the favorite vocal groups.. En Vogue

They all had strong powerful voices that I could feel the soul in them.. I really love voices that came from soul music..

There are so many singers nowadays that try to mimic that and it sticks out like a sore thumb to me..

I've never really ever gotten tired of listening to any En Vogue songs.. Anytime they came on, I always turned it up and concentrated on listening harder to every detail of their voices.. I don't know if that makes sense to anyone else or not, But I just feel like they were as close to perfect as it gets.. Like they came right out of the choir together or something and hit the ground running..

I just really escape in their singing..

• Thanks 1

I'm starting to wonder if it's me getting older or if it's music losing something these days?  Or does the past just lose the filler stuff and combine the goodies?

Maybe  it's that we have so many more options now and the field is flooded?

I think maybe it's that..

Really, it's more likely just me and the wine talking.. hehehehe

Aaanyways, I find myself going more back in time right now more than ever for what I'm listening to and on the way picking the Jems as we go..

Tonight I've been listening to Sade, because the house is empty with all the boys out of the house doing their guy stuff..

So i'm sipping some wine and feeling the relaxation, until that door bursts open and it gets loud again..hehehehe

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm starting to wonder if it's me getting older or if it's music losing something these days?  Or does the past just lose the filler stuff and combine the goodies?

Maybe  it's that we have so many more options now and the field is flooded?

I think maybe it's that..

I think maybe it's that and the fact that when we're teens, we've got this chaotic pile of emotions running through us that make some things like music hit us even harder than normal. You might hit on other music you like now, but you've got a million other things going; music from your teens is a bit like your first love, maybe?

Also yes to there being so many options now!

Anyway, some mellow Sunday afternoon listening:

• Like 2

This has been a constant during this crazy year...brings back memories of May-September and talking to my nan and friends most days..and it was so cool not having to travel into the office 😊 And just so nice playing this first thing in the morning when it was really sunny and I could forget my Corona worries for a bit

• Like 1