What are you listening to?

I have never met anyone who admits to liking Taylor Swift, but ain't it amazing how many kajillion songs she sells and how much $ she's gotten doing it, when it is only 13 year old white girls who like her? I've been around various kinds of music snobs since I was 16. Well, in your faces music snobs, I like TayTay, she's my secret guilty pleasure. :D Also, if you're interested Rolling Stone recently rated all of her songs, here https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/taylor-swift-songs-ranked-rob-sheffield-201800/ . Delicate is #4.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

I have never met anyone who admits to liking Taylor Swift, but ain't it amazing how many kajillion songs she sells and how much $ she's gotten doing it, when it is only 13 year old white girls who like her? I've been around various kinds of music snobs since I was 16. Well, in your faces music snobs, I like TayTay, she's my secret guilty pleasure. :D Also, if you're interested Rolling Stone recently rated all of her songs, here https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/taylor-swift-songs-ranked-rob-sheffield-201800/ . Delicate is #4.

I admit I haven't heard much of her work but she is without doubt very talented.  I like that video - been there done that :D  I'll look up some of her songs and post one I especially like a bit later.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

lol... I am a 50 year old woman who is utterly obsessed with T-Swizzle. I love literally every single thing about her. My Spotify wrapped shows that I have listened to something like 900 hours of her music this year. That is over a MONTH of listening to Taylor 24/7. 

My love for her knows no bounds. I could pontificate on all the ways she's gotten screwed by the court of public opinion in the last decade, but I'll spare you all! Unless someone asks nicely... 

Fact - When I saw her live during her last tour, and she sang Love Story, I burst into tears. Not like little tears dribbling down my cheeks - full on snotty ugly crying. I was consoled by 15 year old girls. 

My one big bucket list item is meeting her. She is a glorious, glittery, sparkly goddess. 

Oh, and here's what I'm listening to right now. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Also, if you're interested Rolling Stone recently rated all of her songs, here https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/taylor-swift-songs-ranked-rob-sheffield-201800/ 

Thank you for this! I will go through it with a fine-toothed comb later, but I had to sneak forward to #1 to make sure this guy took his ranking duties seriously, and he did (though Cold As You is WAY too far down the list). Tay's biggest talent lies in being a lyricist, and nothing showcases this better than All Too Well, a song that was never released as a single but is universally accepted by all Swifties as the best song she's ever written. People who don't know any better like to dismiss her as fluff, but I challenge anyone who has ever had an excruciating break-up to listen to these words and not feel things.

"You called me up again just to break me like a promise, so casually cruel in the name of being honest." I lose my marbles every freaking time. 

It's about Jake Gyllenhaal, by the way. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Orwar said:
3 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I don't remember this being on one of TayTay's albums!

The album was released yesterday!

:::whispers "You missed the joke. We have been doing a quick talk/fawn over Taylor Swift. This song is obviously not T.S. and I was goofing on it.":::  (My so-called humor is often missed. :) )

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

:::whispers "You missed the joke. We have been doing a quick talk/fawn over Taylor Swift. This song is obviously not T.S. and I was goofing on it.":::  (My so-called humor is often missed. :) )

... You thought I'd know 'TayTay' was a reference to Taylor Swift? I'm still a bit fuzzy on who that even is.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Conall DeCuir said:

Gad, she was gorgeous. (And still is but at 85 it is a different kind of gorgeous.) I'm not a fan of the song, but the video was fun. And who the heck ever thought it was a good idea to make her blonde?! The darker her hair the better. Gorgeous...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Gad, she was gorgeous. (And still is but at 85 it is a different kind of gorgeous.) I'm not a fan of the song, but the video was fun. And who the heck ever thought it was a good idea to make her blonde?! The darker her hair the better. Gorgeous...

I fell in love with her when i was around 6 years old 😍

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

What name does he go under in SL?  I don't think I've heard him before but would certainly try if I knew.

In the events he is listed with ... Gabriel Da Silva

His SL Name is ɢᴀʙꜱ (gabryel.nyoki)

Edited by Conall DeCuir
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I thought you might have looked at the several posts that came right before you posted.

Whenever people start talking pop music or shoes, I kind of tend to phase out ...

giphy.gif