What are you listening to?

This is a Frysian song sang bij Nynke Laverman. Frisia (Fryslân in Frysian) is now a province/county in The Netherlands, but once it was a a mighty and large kingdom.

And the Frisian language is not Dutch!  It's a language of it's own and most people in the Netherlands don't understand the Frisian language. For me it's personal because my ancestors came from Frisia. So I understand a little :-).

This song is about Letting go.

Accept things as they are
Just as things have already accepted you
Be at peace turn yourself round
Turn your fears round
Resign yourself let it come
In whatever way it comes or goes
Just as everything always goes on flows on

Let arms go feet
Let lips go
Let last words go
Beloved life
Let me go

Lit earms los fuotten
Lit lippen los
Lit los lêste wurden
Leafste libben
Lit my los

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, archangel969 said:

This is a Frysian song sang bij Nynke Laverman. Frisia (Fryslân in Frysian) is now a province/county in The Netherlands, but once it was a a mighty and large kingdom.

And the Frisian language is not Dutch!  It's a language of it's own and most people in the Netherlands don't understand the Frisian language. For me it's personal because my ancestors came from Frisia. So I understand a little :-).

This song is about Letting go.

Accept things as they are
Just as things have already accepted you
Be at peace turn yourself round
Turn your fears round
Resign yourself let it come
In whatever way it comes or goes
Just as everything always goes on flows on

Let arms go feet
Let lips go
Let last words go
Beloved life
Let me go

Lit earms los fuotten
Lit lippen los
Lit los lêste wurden
Leafste libben
Lit my los

I learned something about Frisia when I was trying to study Old English; I never got far but I still have an interest in it, and the Anglo-Saxon era.  It's very likely I have some Jutish ancestors but the connection is by now tenuous. Still, these things remain in the blood, I believe.

• Like 1

The Pretty Reckless is one of those bands I can listen to for days - especially when I'm on a binge for amazing Rock'n Roll voices. Their new song "25" still hits me like a truck. The moods it weaves through - from hopeful to bitter and resignated - are so full of emotions.

(that thumbnail though)

Edited by ValKalAstra
Some wording was more odd than usual.
  • Like 1