What are you listening to?

The concertino of which this is the 2nd movement could have been made for one of those mid-century fantasy-historical romance films (which I like).  This seems to be the best-known movement, full of tenderness and longing.  Perhaps the princess is watching her hero being sent into exile, while remembering happy times tripping through the meadows in full make-up, and rib-crushing corsetry.

• Like 2

Lyrics:

I don't wanna feel no more
It's easier to keep fallin'
Imitations are pale
Emptiness, all tomorrows haunted by your ghost

Lay down, black gives way to blue
Lay down, I'll remember you

Fading out by design
Consciously avoiding changes
Curtain's drawn, now it's done
Silencing all tomorrows, forcing a goodbye

Lay down, black gives way to blue
Lay down, I'll remember you

Songwriters: Jerry Cantrell

Story behind the song Black Gives Way To Blue

Edited by Kytteh Wytchwood
The lyrics video has black font, very hard to see. Sharing the official video instead.
  • Like 1

I've been reading about the Habsburgs and have come to Maximilian.  He seems to have been the first of the dynasty to patronise the arts, so I looked up music of his time.  This example is brief but tugs at the heart. 

The channel in which this appears has many delights, not only in the music but in the splendid instruments.  Look at this charming organ which manages to be both ornate and cute, beaming with the bubbly tune.

Lastly from this channel is a beautiful piece based on a 16th C hymn which would be lovely at a wedding. 

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
Space.
  • Like 2