Keyword spam ... will they ever learn ....

Alwin Alcott

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

keywords .... nearly 17 pages gacha items with the same keywords, ALL irrelevant, .. one store... next pages, other stores many with same habbits...

8f8,old rusty,,dust bunny,gift,free,decor,furniture,bed,house,sofa,cabinet,chair,clock,table,candelabre,chandelier,cage,home,rug,sidetable,curtains,ottoman,farm,mansion,closet,fence,wall

ca0a611c719fb82584570aa9dce71c0c.png

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

keywords .... nearly 17 pages gacha items with the same keywords, ALL irrelevant, .. one store... next pages, other stores many with same habbits...

8f8,old rusty,,dust bunny,gift,free,decor,furniture,bed,house,sofa,cabinet,chair,clock,table,candelabre,chandelier,cage,home,rug,sidetable,curtains,ottoman,farm,mansion,closet,fence,wall

ca0a611c719fb82584570aa9dce71c0c.png

/me ponders how to make a chandelier out of a watermelon

Sometimes I think its just lazy copy pasting  a list of random keywords into a listing and yeah it's wrong and annoying and ruins the search 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

/me ponders how to make a chandelier out of a watermelon

Sometimes I think its just lazy copy pasting  a list of random keywords into a listing and yeah it's wrong and annoying and ruins the search 

search term i used : sidetable  ... :SwingingFriends: andd sort on newest

and yes i know some will come with "you can filter further"... but that doesn't take away the keywordspam. These fruits and other gacha items should only show up if it ARE sidetables.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Elvina Ewing said:

/me wonders if the recent attack on the gacha resellers was perhaps some kind of retaliation from a disgruntled MP user...

you don't need to be a disgruntled MP user to see the issue, but perhaps some entitled sellers please to ignore that fact.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Elvina Ewing said:

/me wonders if the recent attack on the gacha resellers was perhaps some kind of retaliation from a disgruntled MP user...

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

you don't need to be a disgruntled MP user to see the issue, but perhaps some entitled sellers please to ignore that fact.

It always blows my mind when things are blamed on "disgruntled ${CATEGORY}"

These are your customers! If they are "disgruntled" you are not doing good business.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Cindy Evanier said:

OMG I tried that.  You'll be flagging all day.  A shame we can't flag a store

There have been times where keyword spam has pissed me off enough that I have spent an hour or two flagging items all from the same store - hoping that LL will get the hint about the store.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

huh?????

ok, i dunno what each of you read into what i wrote, so let me spell it out to you.....

6 hours ago, Elvina Ewing said:

means:

Perhaps somebody who has been searching something specific on MP got very much fed up with thousands of gacha listings spamming the search results with irrelevant items (like what Alwin demonstrated) making it absolutely impossible to find what they were looking for. Maybe they got so frustrated and angry that they decided to take revenge on the entire gacha community and hired a hacker to start this attack on gacha resellers (see the Linden Assessment thread). That would totally not surprise me...

4 hours ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

It always blows my mind when things are blamed on "disgruntled ${CATEGORY}"

These are your customers! If they are "disgruntled" you are not doing good business.

care to explain what that even means?? what things are blamed? Whose customers? mine?? Alwin's? What does any of that have to do with me? Am i a gacha reseller?

Maybe you need to read what is actually written instead of imagine what is written...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elvina Ewing said:

care to explain what that even means?? what things are blamed? Whose customers? mine?? Alwin's? What does any of that have to do with me? Am i a gacha reseller?

Maybe you need to read what is actually written instead of imagine what is written...

And maybe you need to bear in mind that the word "you" can be used in both a personal and a general context.

You (personal) have got all bent out of shape over me saying - rephrasing - "if you (general) blame stuff on disgruntled folks then you(general) are doing something wrong because they shouldn't be disgruntled with you(general)" which may have been prompted by your(personal) comment, which was why it was quoted, but was not DIRECTED at you(personal)

Or I could have put a plum in my mouth and got all snooty and phrased it as " When one's customers are disgruntled.... " but I aint no royalty or any better than any jack on the street so "Och, Nae!"

Edited by Da5id Weatherwax
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

And maybe you need to bear in mind that the word "you" can be used in both a personal and a general context.

You (personal) have got all bent out of shape over me saying - rephrasing - "if you (general) blame stuff on disgruntled folks then you(general) are doing something wrong because they shouldn't be disgruntled with you(general)" which may have been prompted by your(personal) comment, which was why it was quoted, but was not DIRECTED at you(personal)

Or I could have put a plum in my mouth and got all snooty and phrased it as " When one's customers are disgruntled.... " but I aint no royalty or any better than any jack on the street so "Och, Nae!"

And here you go again: Blame what stuff??? Where in my original comment did i say a word about customers??? Did you even understand at all what i was talking about? I was talking about general MP user, everybody who searches something on MP, including me. We are all unhappy when we have to sift through tens of pages of irrelevant search results. I very much agree with Alwin, because i search for something specific on MP on a regular basis, too. I know what Alwin's problem is, but man what is your problem???

"if you (general) blame stuff on disgruntled folks then you(general) are doing something wrong because they shouldn't be disgruntled with you(general)"

I really don't understand where in the context of what i wrote does your response fit at all. I don't understand what you are even talking about. The reason so many people (general MP users, those who use MP to find something specific) are unhappy is 1) because so many merchants abuse keyword system, either on purpose or by ignorance/laziness; 2) MP search is broken even with all the keywords used correctly, and LL gets the blame for that, not "general you." Yes, they are not doing good business.

On 2/8/2020 at 4:21 AM, Alwin Alcott said:

It's like that on many listings.... don't think there is any way to recover from it now, unless LL changed the search algorithms to match Google's current SEO, which means title and description are looked at more and their relevance, rather than keyword searches - which have been found to be abused and unreliable across the Web.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.