Updates on Premium and the return of First & Last names?

Reese Wicken

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1538 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 minutes ago, Adeindra said:

I asked the same question a couple of days ago, and this is the best answer I got:

Alright, thank you for linking that.  I'm probably now going to just go on break till it's out. Lol, I've been dying to have a last name again.  I should of never left SL years ago.

• Like 1

In case you missed that extra cost part it was $40 US  or maybe 39.95 :D  .  And as you said you need to be premium. Supposedly it will cost less if you have the new, higher level premium (which wont come out until AFTER the name changing ability does). 

Good luck. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, missyrideout said:

I missed this tidbit. It would be the first actual detail about what super premium might include—have a link? 

It was in the post about the name CONTEST and they (mistakenly apparently) put in that number as the value of the prize. So likely you can find it in the blog archives.  OR plenty of chatter here on the forums about it too.  

3 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

It was in the post about the name CONTEST and they (mistakenly apparently) put in that number as the value of the prize. So likely you can find it in the blog archives.  OR plenty of chatter here on the forums about it too.  

Asking specifically about the idea that it will be cheaper for super premium members. I think I have followed the chatter quite closely but I  don't recall that detail. 

Edited by missyrideout

Having combed through the "Cost of Name Changes Out of the Bag" and  "Last names nearly here - and more. Yay!" I find nothing offical to say or even hint name changes will be cheaper for the new "super" tier of premium. I also checked recent activity for Oz Linden, Keira Linden, and Grumpity Linden, names I can recall participating in these discussions.  Any further leads appreciated! 

Edited by missyrideout

No link as I personally don't care but it has been mentioned often and officially by LINDENS that it would be one of the perks of the new premium. Hopefully someone watching this new "feature" will have bookmarked. If not -- just wait.   

And of course THINGS DO CHANGE.  There is that LOL.     

You might also look at discussions about the new level of premium. I am guessing someone can tell you which thread. Not me though. 

Note that to my knowledge they have never said how MUCH LESS. Only "less".

Edited by Chic Aeon

2 hours ago, missyrideout said:

Having combed through the "Cost of Name Changes Out of the Bag" and  "Last names nearly here - and more. Yay!" I find nothing offical to say or even hint name changes will be cheaper for the new "super" tier of premium. I also checked recent activity for Oz Linden, Keira Linden, and Grumpity Linden, names I can recall participating in these discussions.  Any further leads appreciated! 

Here is where it was mentioned by Grumpity Linden:

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Thanks 2

Just a side note, at the meeting the Lindens mentioned that the official name is "Premium Boost" - and they agreed "Premium Plus" is a better name but "...it's not changing now...". (at this week's meeting - not in the video embedded above)

I just thought I'd mention that. LOL

Edited by Alyona Su

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

Just a side note, at the meeting the Lindens mentioned that the official name is "Premium Boost" - and they agreed "Premium Plus" is a better name but "...it's not changing now...". (at this week's meeting - not in the video embedded above)

I just thought I'd mention that. LOL

That sounds like an expensive detergent.

• Like 1

I guess it's possible the Premium Plus level may offer a discount on whatever they eventually decide will be the name change fee, supposedly the name change stuff will be available first, per Inara Pey reporting on the most recent Web User Group:

Details of the Premium Plus offering are unlikely to be made available until such time as Linden Lab is ready to make it available, and this will not be until some time after Name Changes has been deployed.

So when they roll out Name Changes, unless by then they've told us what's in Premium Plus, it may be worth everybody waiting to see if the discount materializes (and if the new level is worthwhile in general).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1538 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.