Minor Maintanece on Account

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1532 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since you could log in after a short while, it sounds like it really was minor maintenance and it's all done.  Unless you want to exercise your tinfoil hat, there's probably not much reason to worry about it.  I'm sure that if it were something serious, they would let you know.  They probably just unplugged the account server while fumigating to get the lice out of it.

• Haha 1

Nobody really knows. There was this idea of it meaning that they're investigating your account (for copybotted items or such) but that's probably not the case.

It's safest to just assume that it's some kind of routine reboot of the account servers, I think. But as usual, I wish the Lindens were a little more talkative about these ancient mysteries.

Edited by Cinos Field
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Melissa Dzieciol said:

When I tried to log in I got a message that said that my account in under going minor maintaince. I was able to log in a few minutes though. What is minor maintace?

As much fun as it might be to watch the continuing speculation, I'm afraid there's a simple explanation....

We're in the process of upgrading some of our inventory database servers, which means moving each users inventory data from an older server to a newer one. We can of course only do that when the user is not logged in, and before we start the copy we lock the account to prevent them logging in while the move is in progress. You just happened to try to log in while your data was being moved.

The lock lasts for 6 minutes, so if you happen to get that message go make a sandwich or your favorite hot beverage and you should be able to log in when you're done. If you happen to get that message separated by more than 6 minutes, file a ticket with support and we'll look into it promptly.

• Thanks 12

11 hours ago, Oz Linden said:

As much fun as it might be to watch the continuing speculation, I'm afraid there's a simple explanation....

We're in the process of upgrading some of our inventory database servers, which means moving each users inventory data from an older server to a newer one. We can of course only do that when the user is not logged in, and before we start the copy we lock the account to prevent them logging in while the move is in progress. You just happened to try to log in while your data was being moved.

The lock lasts for 6 minutes, so if you happen to get that message go make a sandwich or your favorite hot beverage and you should be able to log in when you're done. If you happen to get that message separated by more than 6 minutes, file a ticket with support and we'll look into it promptly.

0man I always miss the speculation posts, arrive to late to speculate to.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1532 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.