Username change

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1538 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I hope this is the right place for this question, but what is the latest news on the username change feature. I know it will mean subscribing to a premium account and paying $40 on top of that, but are there any details about when it will be implemented, or what the first crop of available names will be? That last I saw was "February 2020".

31 minutes ago, Adeindra said:

I hope this is the right place for this question, but what is the latest news on the username change feature. I know it will mean subscribing to a premium account and paying $40 on top of that, but are there any details about when it will be implemented, or what the first crop of available names will be? That last I saw was "February 2020".

https://releasenotes.secondlife.com/simulator/2020-01-30T23%3A51%3A10.535702.html

if you want to stay up to date, stay keeping an eye on the forums, blogs and other info.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

@Adeindra A recent comment from Keira Linden says they are still working through the many entries for the name change contest. The release notes linked above, showing the simulator has been updated to allow for name changes, indicate that the feature is close to ready, but there is no official word other than what you have already heard, February 2020. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1538 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.