Login issues/ painfully slow rez time

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3928 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For some unkown reason I am no longer able to log into SL for more than a few minutes, if I am lucky.  And then when I am successful I frequently get messages saying that my gestures were unable to load.  I have an excellent internet connection and an running SL on a gaming laptop (asus G60).  I don't seem to have any problem running any other games with internet connectivity.  

One in a blue moon i am able to log in successfully without major difficulty and then things run as they should, but that is very rare--1% of the time at best.  Time of day, etc. seems to be irrelevant and successful logins seem random.  

I have tried logging in with pretty much every viewer there is, and yes i have cleared my cache each time.  Nothing seems to help.  I have submitted a ticket, but LL has only responded with "we see that you were able to log in and assume that this issue has been resolved."  which obviously it hasn't.  This has been going on for roughly 5 days or so?  I am a model and DJ in SL and i would hate to lose work because I can't get SL to run, so any help is greatly appreciated. 

• 1 month later...

I have the same problems, I can only fix it after relogging and relogging. Clearing cache does not work.

I too get the hundreds of gesture loading errors. I havent had the time to take the several hours to deactivate my gestures one by one. I do a few at a time but its a painful way.

I have also noticed the problem is not bound to any viewer. I have had it with Viewer2, Phoenix, Firestorm, Imprudence and Singularity.

I know my problems is not related to the gestures only, I have an inventory of over 55,000 items. Which just seems to be too big to load decently. But I do know that once there is an option to deactivate all active gestures at once, my problem would be a whole lot smaller.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have had similar problem,try removing all gestures.I have placed the gestures I actually use into folders(approx. 20/ folder) which makes activating gestures much faster.It seems to me that gestures take longer to load and causes major problems with viewers.Phoenix viewer or Imprudence seem to be able to load better then Firestorm(the only viewers I use).You may have to try a V1 viewer to log on remove gestures before you can log on with a V2 based viewer.I would also advise removing heavily scripted items and possibly even AO and HUDs before logging off after every log on.These things have helped me and hope they help you as well.:matte-motes-big-grin:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3928 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.