How to go through a water prim

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I bought a sky box that is 128 x 64.  I might move location and I want it smaller. I have been un-linking the parts and rebuilding it to a smaller size.My issue is that there is a water prim. When I stand on it i stand on top of the water. In the original sky box I go through it. The water comes up to my chest. How do I make my version so I go through the water(prim)?

This is standing on top of the water

waterOnTop.png.091b34ca230c0c79d043085dc6c0d1d4.png

This is in the water(What i want)

WaterInside.png.2b5ccbf8dff5b119e70e2120343085b0.png

Maybe to be more clear you need to link the WATER prim to the rest of the build but it cannot be the LAST piece you touched before linking. That would make the water the ROOT prim and root prims cannot be "none". So AFTER linking change to none.  You could also of course NOT link the water and change it to phantom.   

Also in the future it often works much better to EDIT LINKED PARTS rather than unlinking. Much less likely to get into trouble that way. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Maybe to be more clear you need to link the WATER prim to the rest of the build but it cannot be the LAST piece you touched before linking. That would make the water the ROOT prim and root prims cannot be "none". So AFTER linking change to none.  You could also of course NOT link the water and change it to phantom.   

Also in the future it often works much better to EDIT LINKED PARTS rather than unlinking. Much less likely to get into trouble that way. 

Okay thank you. Yes I noticed that not too long ago. I can just edit the link.

Edited by elitefrogman2
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.