Good places to buy classic avatar clothes for BOM

leilaangelica

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hiya

I have just discovered BOM and its amazing possibilityes for layering. I'm sure you all know how hard it can be to layer mesh clothing.

I was wondering if there are any good stores still for classic avatar clothing? 

I went to a huge multi level store that had heaps of cheapish classic clothes back when I first stsarted. Unfortunately I forgot my avatar password and had to start again so I lost the TP in my history as well. Would anyone know what I am thinking about?

Thanks so much,

Leila

I doubt there are any 'good' ones left that focus on Classic. However, there are a couple and lots of semi-abandoned and newbie stores still selling Classic clothes and stuff. I stumble across them now and then. I don't LM them as the stuff looks old and is generally 512x512 rez. Not what I want these days. You can often find these shops in new user welcome areas. Use the in viewer Destinations to find welcome or new user hang outs. Much of the stuff sold in those shops went full perm long ago. Some pick it up and hope they can sell it to the new peeps. Be careful.

A huge store that has a tone of Classic stuff is Alessandra, there are adjacent stores in the same building also with Classic, like Sintimacy - latex body suits.

I have my inventory separated into Mesh and Classic. I was figuring I would eventually be trashing most of the Classic stuff. Then BoM-is-coming was announced and everyone was saying, 'keep your old stuff'. Now I am going through trying my old Classic stuff with my Slink Redux body. Only a little bit of the stuff works, as in looks good enough to wear. The rest is low rez and a bit fuzzy. Other stuff just looks data. Those old system skirts with a front and back panel.... O Geeze.. I'll never wear those again.

1 hour ago, leilaangelica said:

Hiya

I have just discovered BOM and its amazing possibilityes for layering. I'm sure you all know how hard it can be to layer mesh clothing.

I went to a huge multi level store that had heaps of cheapish classic clothes back when I first stsarted. Unfortunately I forgot my avatar password and had to start again so I lost the TP in my history as well. Would anyone know what I am thinking about?

Thanks so much,

Leila

If the store you're thinking of had clothes that were free, it was probably a certain large freebie store that has a reputation of being a wretched hive of scum and villainy. You do not want clothes from there.

A few of places to look would be:

Izzies - they still have a limited number of system layering items and there are quite a bit more in the L$10 "clearout packages" under the reception desk.

G Field - the last I checked they still had their old system clothes "upstairs", and like everything from G Field they were done as well as they possibly could be when they were new.

League - they still had some of their system out the last time I looked for clothes there, although they've been doing some renovations lately.

Indi Design - essentially a museum. Their "new" items use sculpties.

1 hour ago, leilaangelica said:

I went to a huge multi level store that had heaps of cheapish classic clothes back when I first stsarted. (...)Would anyone know what I am thinking about?

Sounds like Freebie Galaxy.

BoM layers offer many possibilities, actual clothes might not be one of them.

Very few people are still making them because mesh ones can be had for so cheap they can't charge even less than that.

• Like 1

I've found that system layers work best for things to be worn under mesh clothing - underclothes, leggings, tank tops and such - many of the types of items that I had used appliers for pre-BOM.  Some of the applier items I already owned also had come with system layers. 

I did find a nice fatpack of basic underwear and strapless bra on the marketplace by ::ninette creations::   I have system layer tank tops from Ducknipple.  I have some system layer leggings from [V/W] Velvet Whip.  Today Cog & Fleur has a nice set of stockings and garter belts (might also include bra & panties, I'm not inworld at the moment to double check) - applier and system layers on one of their midnight mania boards. 

One of the benefits of BOM and system layer underclothes versus applier, is that when your body rezzes, they rez on your body, rather than next to it.   Also, for something like leggings to wear with a very short dress, it's very easy to make a system layer for that, and then tint it to a color that complements the mesh dress or tunic you want to wear it with.  Depending on the style of a mesh dress, shirt or jacket that is cut too low, it's also sometimes possible to make and tint a system layer undershirt to wear underneath it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Sn@tch outlet discount store still has some decent system layer stuff; it's old but holds up well. I've bought quite a lot of stuff from there.

I prefer system layer dresses with flexi skirts for formal-wear because they're much nicer for dancing; long mesh skirts often distort badly when you're throwing your legs around like Ginger Rogers. I've collected quite a few from Sharodie's, and splashed out on a couple of very glam gowns from Utopia. Luas is another store that still has nice system stuff, though it's more fantasy than contemporary. Creative Chaos is another one with nice fantasy/medieval stuff; their inworld store is gone but they're still on the MP.

And that multi-layer freebie store is Freebie Galaxy - definitely best avoided.

23 hours ago, leilaangelica said:

Hiya

Thanks so much,

Leila

One "trick" you can use is to search or peruse marketplace and sort by "Oldest First" - there will be pages upon pages of system-layer stuff. Many are junk, but many are actually still very decent.

• Thanks 1

Sharodie's is extremely inexpensive but you can use the top part of the dresses as a bodysuit and layer with or under things.  Most of Sharodie's stuff is about 29 linden a piece. 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/24667

There is also The Sea Hole which has a ton of 1 linden items you can use some of the shirts for layering underneath things, too.

The Sea Hole bustier's are pretty cute and everything is just about 1 linden each.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/76031

Edited by FairreLilette

Oh, I also forgot to mention that *my alt* makes a complete, high-resolution (1024x1024) BOM Undies Kit - Variable underwear, lingeries, and other totally-useful BOM layers for any occasion and in any color you want , but only as long as it is one of the 16 million colors you can tint with. I'm not allowed to advertise for myself, so I can only suggest that if you want to investigate further, you can search for it on MP. :D

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.