Inventory Missing Items

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi! I updated my viewer today & started a disk defrag - I'm not sure exactly when it happened but while the defrag was happening, I saw that my inventory went from around 22k items to 6.7k items. I've been looking around for answers & already tried clearing the cache. Is there anything else I can do? 

Your inventory isn't stored locally on your hard drive. So running a defrag and noticing inventory loss rather seems like a coincidence.

Carefully working through the "inventory loss" guide on the Firestorm Wiki is a very good approach in your situation. If you are worried about your drive's health, check for a tool like CrystalDiskInfo and check its status.

Besides that, I would have cleared your cache folder before defragging, so that a new load would have neatly lined up on the rearranged drive, but well.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, lasorii said:

Hi! I updated my viewer today & started a disk defrag - I'm not sure exactly when it happened but while the defrag was happening, I saw that my inventory went from around 22k items to 6.7k items. I've been looking around for answers & already tried clearing the cache. Is there anything else I can do? 

They have been running inventory maintenance all morning.  You may need to relog and or clear your inventory cache.  

There is also a very good page on the Firestorm wiki called inventory loss.  

image.png.c1c64a5d77a53a8131e1c4afc8be5df9.png

On 2/3/2020 at 1:46 PM, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Your inventory isn't stored locally on your hard drive. So running a defrag and noticing inventory loss rather seems like a coincidence.

Carefully working through the "inventory loss" guide on the Firestorm Wiki is a very good approach in your situation. If you are worried about your drive's health, check for a tool like CrystalDiskInfo and check its status.

Besides that, I would have cleared your cache folder before defragging, so that a new load would have neatly lined up on the rearranged drive, but well.

On 2/3/2020 at 1:57 PM, Chic Aeon said:

They have been running inventory maintenance all morning.  You may need to relog and or clear your inventory cache.  

There is also a very good page on the Firestorm wiki called inventory loss.  

image.png.c1c64a5d77a53a8131e1c4afc8be5df9.png

Thank you both for the help- I ended up using the Firestorm page's link to the SL wiki page and and deleted a file that had to be remade. Thanks so much! :D

3 minutes ago, lasorii said:

Thank you both for the help- I ended up using the Firestorm page's link to the SL wiki page and and deleted a file that had to be remade. Thanks so much! :D

I had to do that once also.    It is an easy fix but you need to know about it. Glad that worked for you. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.