re-phrasing question about child AO.....

Fennet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

How brave do I need to be to go into edit on my AOs?

I think I can copy some of the animations from one AO and paste them into another and get pretty much what I need.

In theory I know what to do, but I don't want to mess up the AOs that are working pretty well right now.

If this is on the wrong forum, let me know. :matte-motes-smile:

7 answers to this question

You need to edit the configuration notecard, too, and add the animations there. Usually AOs support more than one configuration notecard, so just make a copy of an existing one and change it. Once you're done, (re)load that configuration from the AO menu.

• Like 1

It's not quite as simple as copying and pasting animations from one AO to the other. You have to edit the Default notecard in the AO Contents and you do that by removing the AO and dragging it from your Inventory to the ground, right click the AO and go into Edit mode, select the Contents tab then take the notecard into Inventory. Save a copy under a different name so you have a backup. Now edit the necessary lines to add the new animations. The animation names and names added in notecard must be identical. This is critical or they won't play. Save the edited notecard and drop it back into the Contents tab of your AO. You can delete the old notecard now as you have already saved a backup. Drop your new animations in now. Take your AO back into Inventory and wear the AO. You now have to click the menu button of the AO and load the new notecard so it activates all your new animations.

If you wish, you can leave your original Default notecard in the AO and call the new notecard something else, say Default2 so when you come to reload the AO as above, select Default2.

Hope I haven't left anything out but I'm dropping you a Help notecard inworld assuming you're using a Zhao II based AO as most are.

• Like 1

It's not very hard at all.  It's a matter of editing a notecard and dropping your new animations into the AO.  The instructions probably came with your AO, but they're pretty simple so you can probably do it wihout much help.  Just make a backup copy before you start, the same way you would with any project in SL.

• Like 1

I don't know whether my fave AOs are Zhao based or not, But I did just pick up a Zhao freebie, so it's the one I'll try loading.

The store I went to was extremely confusing; if I do decide to buy some animations I guess I'll just hold my nose and jump because I have no idea whether the anims are being sold as singles or in groups, or exactly what is being sold in a given transaction.

It seems like most reputable sellers are handing out pretty good quality deals, though, so I'm not too worried. But I do want to try fiddling with what I already have, first. The notecard thing has me a little bedazzled, but I think I'll get over it. Thanks!

You're very welcome :) If you want cheap animations but as good as all the other stores, go to Kuso. Prices there for most animations are from 6L to maybe 14L each. It's usually busy there naturally and a bit laggy but financially worth it. If you need more help, just ask. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.