How Many Relationships Have You Had? In RL? In SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1543 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

In Second Life, two partners, but very different as relationships. And I still feel a certain loyalty to both of them not to divulge anything more than that.

In real life, I have had a few dalliances in between living in sin with a chap in my 20s, being married in my 30s, living in sin with another chap up to being 40. And then a massive gap to me being 56 Some of the dalliances I would class as relationships, but ... hmmm ... words fail me a bit here, because I can't get my head around the man who you know to be stringing 12 or more women along.  Is he all talk, or is that really possible? Do his women know about each other and are they alright with that?  I could only ever deal with a relationship as a one to one thing (I hope that remark doesn't come back to bite me on the bottom at a later date).  

Earth men are easy does seem to apply in some cases - but it equally applies to some women I think.  

Quality over quantity would seem to be the ideal.  

The guy with the 12 parties a lot.  In Los Angeles there are a lot of parties with drinking and stuff.

Is it really possible?  Yes.  

It happened to me where I live.  I was one of three women.  I later gave up on a relationship idea with the guy with three women (me being one) BUT he became my best friend.  The man always had way more than one gf since he was a young man.  He told me he had never been faithful to a woman in his life.

He was a very good looking and sexy man.  I could see how many women would fall for him.  The one with 12 is good looking too.  He's a nice person.  He said he would enter into a monogamous relationship with one of his girlfriends IF one of them wanted to be monogamous with him.  

Oh, and with my definition of relationship I said "sometimes" provide help not all the time 100% give financial help.  I was trying to suggest these were not fair weather relationships...but the man has relationships with 12 women - being there through all the good and the bad.  A fair weather relationship would be just a booty call.

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

Awww, but Scylla, if the man is rich enough, it need not be a sad little apartment!  It could be an entire sim for you to play with while Sugardaddy is out doing God only knows what ;)

What on earth would I do with an entire sim done up in chintz????

• Haha 1

I dated in High school and had a few boyfriends, but once I got out of High school,I worked full time with my father and the businesses mostly..

I met my husband when I was 20..He had met my father when my father was on his honeymoon in Hawaii..They had gotten along and I guess he was talking to my father about coming to the mainland soon..So my father told him there was a job for him if he ever wanted..

He did end up coming to the mainland and did end up coming to work for us..

I would go on about the day we met, but I would take up the rest of the page and I just woke up and still groggy and needing tea..

I'll just say we've been together ever since and have three healthy boys..Well actually I say I have four healthy boys, he say's three..

Basically,I'm outnumbers 4 to 1..

hehehehe

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Interesting definition of relationship... I guess I've had zero since I'm a grown ass woman who provides for herself.

I never suggested that he takes care of any women 100% of the time.  I said "at times" twice which means not always.

I was trying to suggest these were not "fair weather" relationships...he is there in good times and in bad times.

They could just be best friends with benefits types of relationships although he actually would like to have monogamy.  He just has not reached that level of any of his girlfriends wanting to be in a monogamous relationship with him yet.

As far as me, I wonder if I should let my hair down and not expect so much and have more fun with relationships rather than getting so serious about it all.  

8 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Hmmm, well . . .

I do have exquisite taste . . .

(As a side note, did you know that chintz was made illegal in early 18th-century Britain? Its popularity was pissing off the native cloth makers.)

hmmm perhaps there IS some regulation I can get behind!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Well actually I say I have four healthy boys, he say's three..

My "Hi, Kids!!!" greeting is stolen verbatim from Mom, who always said that when walking in the door after grocery shopping. Dad or I, or both, would respond, "Did you bring us treats?!".

Mom was happy to tell everyone she had two children, an X year old girl and an X+50 yr old boy.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

Why does this matter? 

It doesn't really matter.  

I really wanted to ask if people 'regreted' not having more.  But, then I decided I didn't want to bring up the regret thing.

I think I regret not having more relationships.  

33 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I really wanted to ask if people 'regreted' not having more.  But, then I decided I didn't want to bring up the regret thing.

Regret not having more?

Well, I guess if you look at it that way, I regret missing out on around 1.5 billion women when I was single...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:
16 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

Why does this matter? 

One can learn a lot from relationships. I see a lot of people staying stuck in one because they don't want to be alone, or don't know they could have something better, or believe notions from society (influenced by religion) that we're supposed to stay with one person only.

* Of course one can do the opposite...just stay on the surface  (perhaps like the guy with 12 girlfriends at the same time) and not experience the deeper meanings that relationships can provide.

* One can just be in a space to do 'light' for awhile too....it really depends on what's best for a person at any particular time in their life.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

Not everyone is in SL for a relationship. I for one am not. I am not even very social in SL.

Edited by Tarina Sewell
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1st Life: Three, on my fourth now.  I've had a one night stand after a small period of dating the person (who later came out Trans. Last I knew she moved out of her parent's house and was doing well.). 

As for just dating people though, eight people.  Number six was a downer after standing me up twice during our dating trial and I wasn't about to let it be a third. (course, I think he was kinda embarassed by being seen with me. I had/still have a mohawk.), seven was at least nice enough to let me down...  Course his reasoning is just still a wtf to me.. Said I was awkward because I asked if I could kiss him... (I don't like people in my space, so I ask out of being polite.)

2nd Life: Uhh.. I've been on and off SL for years, during the years when we had last names and I lied about my age because I was the shut-in homeschool kid who was just left to their own devices, One relationship..  I cybered a lot.

Now as an adult, none..  Surprsingly.  I wouldn't mind dating anyone online as RL I am in a polyrelationship, I have the freedom to do whatever as long as my primary knows about it.  (He has the okay too for dating others or having a f*ckbuddy.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1543 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.