Confession, they say, is good for the soul

Aishagain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A few short weeks ago, SL was beset bysome very odd happenings.  Now, this being SL, such things are not THAT uncommon. However we had a series of undesirable outcomes from sim restarts, with some regions being unreachable for hours, if not days.

In this this forum, Grumpity Linden promised an explanation for at least some of the pre-and post-Christmas woes that beset SL

Grumpity posted this:

Hi all! I was really hoping my first post of the new year would be more jolly, but here we are.  Happy New Year, though! 

For a couple of years now, we've had automated tools, aptly named "Grid Poking Bot" (GPB for short) responsible for doing region restarts, and this has been working quite well - most of the time. Very unfortunately, there was a problem with the GPB over the holidays, and due to a combination of events, it took us much too long to notice - and we finally caught it in part thanks to this very forum thread and a certain vigilant "Spray Can".  We're now actively pursuing the least disruptive ways to address this problem as quickly as possible.  We'll have a more detailed postmortem blog in a couple of days as well.  

We're very sorry about souring your holidays." 

I don't know if anyone else has heard anything about this but I certainly have not.  When, I wonder, will we get an explanation?

Edited by Aishagain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.