The Maitreya v5 Hype(?) Thread

Orwar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1499 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Hm.

Okay, so, this did work for me - I applied the applier version of my skin whilst wearing the neck fix, and then I went and put BOM back; however doing this will require you to have both an applier and system version of your skin.

The PF skin I use doesn't have an applier version which is why I use the Glam Affair that Maitreya includes and then tint it to match. If the neck fix were a separate object that could be worn and tinted, there wouldn't be a problem.

5 minutes ago, Arwen Serpente said:

The PF skin I use doesn't have an applier version

Are you using one of the 'special' skins? If not, all of their skin tones are available in both applier and system versions. 

My skin is from PF too, and this is what I'm using:

• PF <Vamp> Morgana (system skin using BOM for my head and body)
  • PF <Vamp> MAITREYA Lara applier (for the neck fix - what I previously used for my body before the 5.0 update; don't normally use this at all these days)
  • PF <Vamp> BOM Hide Fingers/Toe Nails - Maitreya (tattoo to remove the nails painted onto the system skin)

On 1/30/2020 at 3:18 PM, Orwar said:

(...)tattoo/underwear/clothing layers is now optional(...)

Finally someone did the thing many of us would have done already had these mesh bodies been mod from the beginning.
I'm not hopeful my Belleza Jake will be redesigned this clever way, because as is this body comes in 4 versions already since someone decided it was a good idea after a year of people been rigging for it to completely redo the hands, wrists, ankles and feet... that's right, we have to pick the right body for different clothes, maybe you want new hands and old feet, or old hands and new feet, or all new parts, or all old parts, the fun is never ending!
If these came with their layers as detached units, that would mean 12 elements in the box, which would be a nightmare for the average consumer.

• Like 1

Orwar, you're so lovely to help. My skin is an older Pink Fuel skin "Ember" that does not have appliers. I just went to the PF store and picked up some demos that are full body skins with appliers. However, what you have recommended does work, the neck seam disappears. So, I need to update my skin in order to use V5. Thank you so much!

Edited by Arwen Serpente

37 minutes ago, VictoriaGrwd said:

Finding the HD nipples are bugged, they do not mask out the original and clash.

Hm, haven't had any problems with this on my end .. Unsure of what might cause it. 

5 hours ago, VictoriaGrwd said:

That's because the HD nipples are just a higher resolution texture on an add-on bit of mesh that sits on top of the body, this is how they get the added pixels there, other wise they would be limited to about 40x40 pixels of a normal skin.
So these built in HD nipples are functionally identical to the after market ones you could find till now, with the difference being they are build in for free and make to be closer, so they don't clip on clothes, that of course excludes the puffy and hard versions.

5 hours ago, VictoriaGrwd said:

If you're wearing anything alpha blended that you see the nipple through (long hair, etc.) there's a good chance that part of the HD nipple will be "erased" because they're also alpha blended.

18 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

If you're wearing anything alpha blended that you see the nipple through (long hair, etc.) there's a good chance that part of the HD nipple will be "erased" because they're also alpha blended.

This was just a test on a naked avatar, the issue is caused when having the tattoo layer added, leg and arm tattoos.

1 minute ago, Tealyen said:

So, I need to fill my screen with those sticks. Well, alright. If there is no better solution.

They're pretty easy to use:

1. Rez a save stick from the body's folder on the ground.
  2. Rename the stick so that you know which one it is (i.e. for which outfit you'll be using it).
  3. Pick the stick up (right-click and take), by default it'll end up in the body's folder - I'd suggest making a separate folder for them.
  4. Add the stick, it'll end up on your HUD by default (which is where you'll want them).
  5. Use the Maitreya HUD to pick which alpha cuts that you want to use.
  6. When your alpha is complete, click the save stick and 'Save All'.
  7. Add the stick to your saved outfit.
  8. Whenever you switch outfit, the save stick will appear as a HUD - just click it and 'Load Alpha'/'Load All'.
  9. When your alpha is loaded, detach the stick from your HUD.

You now have unlimited save slots, compared to the 5 save slots on the old body. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Orwar said:

2. Rename the stick so that you know which one it is (i.e. for which outfit you'll be using it).
  3. Pick the stick up (right-click and take), by default it'll end up in the body's folder - I'd suggest making a separate folder for them.
  4. Add the stick, it'll end up on your HUD by default (which is where you'll want them).
  8. Whenever you switch outfit, the save stick will appear as a HUD - just click it and 'Load Alpha'/'Load All'.

You now have unlimited save slots, compared to the 5 save slots on the old body. 

Yes, I see. It is weird at first, but not impossible to get used to it.

Thank you for your help.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VictoriaGrwd said:

This was just a test on a naked avatar, the issue is caused when having the tattoo layer added, leg and arm tattoos.

Yes, the tattoo layer I tested with myself messes up the HD nipples. Using only BoM now and there is no issue.

I must say I am quite happy with the new body.

The nipples look great, no longer need my external ones.

Using Session skin I now have all the options as BoM that I can stack, so stuff like freckles, moles, vains, tan lines, abbs, tattoo. Anything really where before I had to choose.

The system with the saving stick seems a bit complicated, but when using it as Orwar described above it is actually pretty awesome as you can save them in your outfits.

The possibility to add layers to just specific spots is also nice (if you use them instead of BoM)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

so i think i have an issue using this.

when you load all from the stick, it doesn't remove any existing alpha hiding. so if you start for all visible it works fine. if you start with some different areas hidden and click load all it does reset everything to visible first, then hide the desired alphas.

is there a way other than clicking "show all" on the hud, then loading from stick, or having to create autohide scripts, so that i can use the save stick in 1 click to change alphas from one outfit to the other

5 minutes ago, pilsbury1440 said:

when you load all from the stick, it doesn't remove any existing alpha hiding.

Huh, never noticed this, but yeah, I appear to be having the same thing. 

I can't come to think of a solution off the top of my head, other than using the 'show all' on the HUD as you suggested. Hopefully Maitreya are listening to feedback on the update and will tweak it .. 

20 hours ago, Orwar said:

Huh, never noticed this, but yeah, I appear to be having the same thing. 

I can't come to think of a solution off the top of my head, other than using the 'show all' on the HUD as you suggested. Hopefully Maitreya are listening to feedback on the update and will tweak it .. 

I suspect this effect is by design. If the Sticks cleared previous visibility settings they would not be additive... So... a skirt and shirt used in various mix and match outfits would either need a Stick for every combination or one Stick for the skirt and one for the shirt. As it is the two can be part of several outfits, stand alone in other outfits with different shirts or skirts, or alone or mixed with other clothes and the system can add the Sticks in any order and the result will work for the respective skirt and/or shirt.

This is similar to how system alpha-layers work. We can WEAR and alpha and it clears other alphas or we can ADD an alpha-layer to combine various alpha-layers, which is what it appears Maitreya is doing.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2020 at 6:29 AM, VictoriaGrwd said:

The HD nipples are an overlay, like a tattoo.

As noted in the User Manual, they may interfere with tattoos that cover the nipple area - blended alpha clashing is not a new thing.

Depending on the tattoo, you may be able to go into Show/Hide in the Layers tab and turn off the part of the tattoo that covers the upper chest.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1499 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.