The Maitreya v5 Hype(?) Thread

Orwar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1521 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

26 minutes ago, Tattooshop said:

Has anyone noticed a seam (gap) on the left calf (the lower part of the left leg behind) at high altitudes?

further up in the thread  Angelina String mentions that this has been fixed with release version 5.0.2

get the V5.0.2 update and you should be good

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mollymews said:

further up in the thread  Angelina String mentions that this has been fixed with release version 5.0.2

get the V5.0.2 update and you should be good

The gap on the boob was fixed. There is still gap on the left leg in version 5.0.2. It's about on the same level with the knee - clearly seen on the side. Visible at height of 4000 meters, not visible at 2200 meters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coby Foden said:

The gap on the boob was fixed. There is still gap on the left leg in version 5.0.2. It's about on the same level with the knee - clearly seen on the side. Visible at height of 4000 meters, not visible at 2200 meters.

I totally believe you. But why on earth would altitude make a difference???

5 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

The answer "why high altitude in SL causes errors" is here:
https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/419039-rigged-mesh-issue-on-high-altitudes/

Wow. That's fascinating. And makes sense, I guess.

It has some implications for me: I take a lot of my pics at pretty high altitudes. I hadn't noticed this effect before, though -- although I've only just picked up a Lara.

14 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It has some implications for me: I take a lot of my pics at pretty high altitudes. I hadn't noticed this effect before, though -- although I've only just picked up a Lara.

In some cases it's very difficult to notice, as the seam can be pixel wide and only appear from the certain angle(s). In other cases they are more obvious, for example check legacy body demo (if they didn't unlist it on MP again to avoid new negative reviews) on 3000m and above, especially lower half of it from behind, it's the "seam city" ever since its release (10 months or so now).

But nothing that can't be fixed if creators know what are they doing and someone actually reports it, so it's a good idea to send a report to Maitreya's CSR.

Edited by steeljane42
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, steeljane42 said:

In some cases it's very difficult to notice, as the seam can be pixel wide and only appear from the certain angle(s). In other cases they are more obvious, for example check legacy body demo (if they didn't unlist it on MP again to avoid new negative reviews) on 3000m and above, especially lower half of it from behind, it's the "seam city" ever since its release (10 months or so now).

But nothing that can't be fixed if creators know what are they doing and someone actually reports it, so it's a good idea to send a report to Maitreya's CSR.

When I saw that gap in the left leg I sent IM to Gryphon Ronas immediately with a gif file showing the gap in action. She said she will check it. So, I guess it will be fixed in the next hot fix release of the body.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When shopping for a mesh body back in February 2015 I bought two.  Maitreya and another popular brand, thinking I would wear both.  Nope, didn't happen.  I have tried demos of other mesh bodies over the years and none compare, in my opinion, to Maitreya.   I love my Lara.  I was "tickled pink" when I opened the update and found I could use BOM and alpha cuts at the same time.  Not to say I won't use alpha layers when possible.  I will and am.  I may even learn to make my own alpha layers eventually.  The point is Maitreya gave me a choice.  Just about every clothing applier I use has a BOM version ( I use very few), which pleases me greatly.   I don't wear tattoos, and while I can tint makeup layers most are too dang dark for my taste, which is why I will continue to use my appliers, and adjust the saturation in my mesh head HUD to a tolerable level.  Like all new updates there are and will be things that need to be fixed.  Maitreya has been "Johnny on the spot" with hot fixes.  I am not surprised as customer service is about great as it can get.  As long as Maitreya is in world they have a customer for life.  Oh!  That other mesh body?  I recently got the update and now it is relegated to storage never to see the light of day.

51 minutes ago, Cougar Sangria said:

When shopping for a mesh body back in February 2015 I bought two.  Maitreya and another popular brand, thinking I would wear both.  Nope, didn't happen.  I have tried demos of other mesh bodies over the years and none compare, in my opinion, to Maitreya.   I love my Lara.  I was "tickled pink" when I opened the update and found I could use BOM and alpha cuts at the same time.  Not to say I won't use alpha layers when possible.  I will and am.  I may even learn to make my own alpha layers eventually.  The point is Maitreya gave me a choice.  Just about every clothing applier I use has a BOM version ( I use very few), which pleases me greatly.   I don't wear tattoos, and while I can tint makeup layers most are too dang dark for my taste, which is why I will continue to use my appliers, and adjust the saturation in my mesh head HUD to a tolerable level.  Like all new updates there are and will be things that need to be fixed.  Maitreya has been "Johnny on the spot" with hot fixes.  I am not surprised as customer service is about great as it can get.  As long as Maitreya is in world they have a customer for life.  Oh!  That other mesh body?  I recently got the update and now it is relegated to storage never to see the light of day.

I love my Maitreya body but it wasn't my first choice.  I really liked and still like the Eve slim body better for a number of reasons but it's hard to shop for her.  I'm tempted by her new pure BoM body but would have the same issue.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 12:13 PM, Amanda Dallin said:

I love my Maitreya body but it wasn't my first choice.  I really liked and still like the Eve slim body better for a number of reasons but it's hard to shop for her.  I'm tempted by her new pure BoM body but would have the same issue.

I tried the EVE Cristal prototype BOM body and found it fitted clothes for Maitreya very well. I'd say try a Demo and see if you like the fit with Maitreya clothes.

Emma :)

On 2/2/2020 at 4:16 PM, MrsSeren said:

I since have, but at time I hadn't logged in World to get however I'm glad it was easy fix!  Thanks for telling me because if I hadn't been aware; I would be now so to me is good information plus helps other users too! :) 

Only problem now is the nails are now BOM  resistant. Using system alphas with some of my shoes and boots I end up with toenails floating in front of the shoe. :(

1 hour ago, suzyst said:

Only problem now is the nails are now BOM  resistant. Using system alphas with some of my shoes and boots I end up with toenails floating in front of the shoe. :(

I don't use BoM so can't help you! :D 

23 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

The Maitreya HUD can turn off/on nails. It is on the same page where you pick feet height, nailpolish and the hands poses.

But it only turns off the fingernails, not the toenails. There is an add-on set which includes solid "toe caps" so you can use BOM stockings or socks without having them separate over each toe; this add-on does hide the toenails (as in, covering them, not making them disappear).

Otherwise, this is where it's easier just to use the hud alphas on the feet.

5 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

But it only turns off the fingernails, not the toenails. There is an add-on set which includes solid "toe caps" so you can use BOM stockings or socks without having them separate over each toe; this add-on does hide the toenails (as in, covering them, not making them disappear).

Otherwise, this is where it's easier just to use the hud alphas on the feet.

Ah, thank you. I missed that it said only toenails. I have not tried to turn off more than fingernails. It will probably be an update for this.

On 2/12/2020 at 12:23 PM, suzyst said:

Having the same issue.  Maitreya 5.02 with BoM and all my nails flout out in front of my fingers.  Doesn't seem to be a fix out yet.

Not entirely sure what you mean, I've got no issues with the nails on Maitreya. They don't use BOM though, unless you want to use the skin's nails in which case you should turn the nails off - more likely than not though, BOM skins won't include nails (unless as an option) as the actual nails on Maitreya looks much, much better. You can also use 3rd party nails as usual (also with the Maitreya body's nails turned off). 

image.png.a9bf7db4563d384e5baff156c459f2cc.png

Maitreya nails turned off, using a BOM skin which has no nails textured onto them.

image.png.b2590d9bdc6944e5872b000f7cfa893a.png

Maitreya's nails, almond shape.

image.png.269b9a52663806978eaabeec73ec15ed.png   

3rd party nails rigged for Maitreya, Maitreya's nails turned off.

• Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1521 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.