Classic Linden homes

animats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I took a look around an old Linden homes continent today.

oldlindenhomes.thumb.jpg.9aca2a32829047fcda7b0799e1baa7e7.jpg

From the right point of view, some of the old Linden homes look quite nice.

Getting the right point of view isn't easy. The houses in the Japanese section are on tiny lots with no road or path access. With more roads, more space, and more amenities, this style could work at the new Premium lot size.

teahouse.thumb.jpg.007c74b8c99547dc70b5445b2e193408.jpg

The teahouse, part of the info hub at Shareta Osumai.

Perhaps the nicest of the info hubs, it's a group of traditional buildings atop a mountain.

Edited by animats
Expand.
  • Like 8

I spent some time revisiting the old ones too, last year, as they won't be around eventually. So glad I did, I discovered some cute places I hadn't been to before, and had a great time exploring.  I know many people think they are outdated now, and build, area planning, and texture wise sure, but I still think they are really nice, and do like some of the surrounding areas and yes, some of the info hub locations are really lovely (you can see some in my blog post I wrote about my adventures). I took lots photos for posterity before they are gone. 

What I do love about the old styles is the open plan interiors - gives you more flexibility as to how you want it to look inside I think, where to divide up rooms etc. . As lovely as they are I find the trads and Vics feel cramped inside just because there are smaller sized rooms.

It would be fun if LL had a region with an example of each of the old style themes on it, as a kind of historical SL museum of premium homes:)

• Like 5

I still miss my Tahoe home, and Ive thought of trying to get it back more than once. It was located in front of a pond with a little waterfall, and some flower banks around. The home itself turned out great with some addons and nice furniture, but I have to admit the landscaping in general needed an update 

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

I found an underground temple in one of the Meadowbrook areas when I went exploring!

The large room sizes are quite a challenge to furnish with the prims available. It would be interesting to see what a loftroom style would look like with double prims to play with :)

What was really interesting to me was decorating them back in the days before mesh, when the prim allowance was 117. I had about four pieces of furniture total in that cavernous space. 😂

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

I'm impressed that you got your helicopter working.  I never managed to get a single vehicle to work in the old continent. I've never visited that teahouse! 

I live in Belli and thought I would get a car to drive around. Every time I crossed a region it takes a nose dive into the ground to the point that only the rear bumper is showing, then slowly pops up and starts going again. If I try to go slow it rolls over and plays dead.

My alt has a home in Meadowbrook and has never had a problem with anything, ever.

I love my house in Belli, its very pretty, but I live in my sky box so I don’t need to deal with the small rooms, I would love to see the Meadowbrook open floor plan in Belli, that would be ideal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

What was really interesting to me was decorating them back in the days before mesh, when the prim allowance was 117. I had about four pieces of furniture total in that cavernous space. 😂

Don't forget those super texture-furniture-pieces... People selling uploaded pictures in the marketplace, to replace real furniture... Some were not that bad looking from a distance...

Edited by Elena Core
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

I'm impressed that you got your helicopter working.  I never managed to get a single vehicle to work in the old continent. I've never visited that teahouse! 

I took off from Orville airport, which has a rez zone and connects to the old Linden Homes continent.

• Thanks 1

For the curious... some info from Patch:

• 10,306 is the count of currently release AND occupied new Linden Homes (as of Jan 29, 2020).
  • There are around 45,000 old linden homes, they are not fully occupied, I think it's around 70% (31,500)
  • They are aiming to have 50,000 New Linden Homes
  • Some people do like the smaller houses or they like to use part of their tier allotment on the mainland elsewhere

So that means the Old Linden homes that are ACTIVE still outnumbers Bellisseria about 3:1

We can analyze that to guess what the future will hold. My own thoughts and opinions will be in later posts - above is just what Patch stated + my calculator to get the 31,500.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, animats said:

I took off from Orville airport, which has a rez zone and connects to the old Linden Homes continent.

2 hours ago, TheVeryFirst said:

You do know there are 4 continents of old Linden Homes, right?

There they are (Orville region is connected to "Linden Homes - Old 1" continent; I don't know did those 4 continents have any official name.
2019-07-12_Linden-homes-1.thumb.jpg.eba7920fdc25187981831f29dfe04849.jpg

Edited by Coby Foden

20 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

There they are (Orville region is connected to "Linden Homes - Old 1" continent; I don't know did those 4 continents have any official name.
2019-07-12_Linden-homes-1.thumb.jpg.eba7920fdc25187981831f29dfe04849.jpg

The Northeast Linden Home Continent was originally called Nascera or Nacera, but is now usually called the Eastern Premium Continent. Although the four Linden Homes Regions are pretty much clones, Nascera has some extra areas to explore, like Cape Ekim. The 'underground temple' is actually the end of a short quest that starts when you find a note on the ground in one of the park areas. 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Shaylon Shilova said:

I have a very old oriental linden home. I hadnt been there in years and did not know there were new homes and neighborhoods available. How do I get one?

They are often sold out, but there is generally a new region released each week day, plus people abandon one from time to time.  So, it is possible to get one - it might just take a little time and attention.   Here's a link that describes things that some people are doing:

You might want to also take a look at the Knowledge Base article on Linden Homes, which has been updated to cover the new homes and their new features:

So far, 4 different themes have been released, but there are another 4 themes in the works.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Had a little wander round the Shareta something or other oriental homes they're a lot nicer than i remember

That area, and the Elderglen areas, were my favorites in the old home areas.  There isn't all the roads like in Bellisseria, but there were paths for walking and horseback riding, or at least wide enough public access ways, where one could still travel around quite a bit.  There were big park areas between the different themes, as well.  I spent quite a bit of time exploring around when I use to have a house out there.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.