You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have created a system capable of streaming video in real time in SL, I mean that all people see exactly the same thing regardless of when they activated media, exactly as it happens for audio streaming.
A recent version SL viewer is required (tested with the official viewer, Firestorm and Black Dragon). The installation of any software or plug-in on the PC is not required and there is no need to use any script in SL, simply set the parameters of the media in the parcel and the video will be displayed on all surfaces that use the set texture.
I have been using this system successfully in my club
and in others where I have been doing my DJ sets since few weeks, with peaks of up to 70 simultaneous views.
In my club the videos are displayed in a skybox specifically created to give an immersive experience, there is nothing similar in all SL.
The skybox is completely script-free and practically does not generate lag.
Viewing the videos also does not create any additional lag and a very powerful PC is not required, the only requirement is to have 1.5 megabits of additional bandwidth available on the internet connection, in addition to a PC that allows you to play SL in "acceptable" conditions .

The system can be used to play DJ (VJ) Sets, Concerts, Movies, Documentaries, Slideshows, Courses, but also to add multimedia content to events, presentations and more. The only limit is fantasy.

This is a video that can give you a idea on what I'm talking about https://www.facebook.com/alex.loria.sl/videos/885005898621320/

Edited by CogliLAttimo
  • Like 1

The links refer to videos and pics taken durng the events and published on Facebook, DreamVision do not relay on Facebook or any other video streaming platform but I configured a private server able to receive a rtmp streaming from a PC and convert it in real time in a format compatible with SL.

To be more clear I usually use Virtual DJ or OBS to generate the rtmp video streaming, but it's possible to use any other software capable to generate it.

Edited by CogliLAttimo

3 hours ago, CogliLAttimo said:

I have created DreamVision, a system capable of streaming video in real time in SL, I mean that all people see exactly the same thing regardless of when they activated media, exactly as it happens for audio streaming.
A recent version SL viewer is required (tested with the official viewer, Firestorm and Black Dragon). The installation of any software or plug-in on the PC is not required and there is no need to use any script in SL, simply set the parameters of the media in the parcel and the video will be displayed on all surfaces that use the set texture.
I have been using this system successfully in my club (
The Dreamer's Cave ) and in others where I have been doing my DJ sets since few weeks, with peaks of up to 70 simultaneous views.
In my club the videos are displayed in a skybox specifically created to give an immersive experience, there is nothing similar in all SL.
The skybox is completely script-free and practically does not generate lag.
Viewing the videos also does not create any additional lag and a very powerful PC is not required, the only requirement is to have 1.5 megabits of additional bandwidth available on the internet connection, in addition to a PC that allows you to play SL in "acceptable" conditions .

DreamVision can be used to play DJ (VJ) Sets, Concerts, Movies, Documentaries, Slideshows, Courses, but also to add multimedia content to events, presentations and more. The only limit is fantasy.

These are the links to some videos and photos taken in the events that have already taken place and in which I have used DreamVision:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.516835565620019&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/groups/417574992212744/permalink/517219442248298/

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.520765451893697&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.1078850155787236&type=3

How cool.  I will visit.  

But I wanted to say something and please take it as just my preference and opinion...I am not a fan of flashing or lighted floors and with the videos I'd think the floors might be a little distracting.  I don't like those kinds of floors with or without videos so please take it as just my opinion.  

But, that is a very cool accomplishment!  

Plus, I can see the video.  I only watched the first one.  I dunno why other people in this thread cannot see it? Oh, nevermind...they cannot see it because they do not have FB.  Then visit I'd guess if you don't have FB and want to see it.

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, CogliLAttimo said:

I'm sorry Gadget Portal but if you think this is a club adversiting you didn't understood at all what I wrote.

1. You talked about "DreamVision" but did not provide any links to it or explain how to use it.
  2. You linked your club.
  3. You linked a Facebook profile for your club.
  4. Searching for "DreamVision" brings up a fursuit maker and an actual home theater system "since 1996."

Bad advertisement and deflection is bad.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, CogliLAttimo said:

I'm sorry Gadget Portal but if you think this is a club adversiting you didn't understood at all what I wrote.

My first impression (and current impression, for that matter) was that you were advertising your club. I guess you are the only one who understood what you wrote?

• Like 1

Ok, I have removed all references to my club and the only video I have left is taken from my personal Facebook profile, but in this way I am afraid that I will truly be the only one who understand what I am talking about.

I'm working alone on this project, my only intention is to make known what I managed to do. I still have no clear ideas on what future it will have, it works very well but it is not yet a "package" that can be sold, rented or even simply shared, and requires a dedicated server with a CPU powerful enough to perform a video conversion in real time and sufficient internet bandwidth to allow the simultaneous connection of many users, up to 100 users if we are talking about a sim or even more if we are talking about something else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

My first impression (and current impression, for that matter) was that you were advertising your club. I guess you are the only one who understood what you wrote?

I didn't view it that way Sylvia and others...I viewed the OP as though he was presenting a prototype because 'if' I go to the club and can hear the video and sound - it is a new technology.

The way the techology of this works now is the owner puts their link into the video screen but ALL must be present at once and click simultaneously to see and hear the video.  If you come 1, 5, 10, 15, 20, etc minutes later you won't see nor hear anything.  < This is the current technology.  

I'm a big girl...I know which clubs I want to visit and become a part of.  

But, this technology I really want.  I want a way to play videos (concerts mostly) where we all don't have to be there when it starts cuz if we aren't, it doesn't work for the late-comers.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, CogliLAttimo said:

I'm working alone on this project, my only intention is to make known what I managed to do. I still have no clear ideas on what future it will have, it works very well but it is not yet a "package" that can be sold, rented or even simply shared, and requires a dedicated server with a CPU powerful enough to perform a video conversion in real time and sufficient internet bandwidth to allow the simultaneous connection of many users, up to 100 users if we are talking about a sim or even more if we are talking about something else.

It sounds like you've created what's basically a small/"indie" version of Twitch/Youtube Live. I can imagine that being a pretty complex project.

But for practical reasons, why wouldn't you use the already existing streaming services to do the same thing?

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

14 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

It sounds like you've created what's basically a small/"indie" version of Twitch/Youtube Live. I can imagine that being a pretty complex project.

But for practical reasons, why wouldn't you use the already existing streaming services to do the same thing?

Simply because any other existing system that I know of does not work inside SL, it requires the player to open a browser or another program outside the SL viewer and this distracts a lot of attention towards the event, whatever it is, that is taking place inside the game.

Edited by CogliLAttimo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CogliLAttimo said:

Simply because any other existing system that I know of does not work inside SL, it requires the player to open a browser or another program outside the SL viewer and this distracts a lot of attention towards the event, whatever it is, that is taking place inside the game.

Ah, I see what you mean. Both Twitch and Youtube give an error about the browser (in-world media) not supporting the stream format.

11 hours ago, belindacarson said:

Shouldn't this be in the commercial forum?

Why? I'm not trying to sell anything. As already mentioned, I simply want to present something innovative and that probably has never been done before in SL. Someone understood it, someone else seems to be doing everything to discredit this post with pretexting arguments. I just hope it isn't intentional.

//Evah Baxton 2020

float timerCount=0;
integer videoLength=360; //Video length in seconds
integer resync=10; //ReSync every 10 seconds
string mediaURL = "http://104.168.138.188/gunship-when-you-grow-up.mp4";
integer loop=0; //Loop the synced video
integer displayTime=1; 

default {

state_entry() {
        llParcelMediaCommandList([PARCEL_MEDIA_COMMAND_STOP]);
    }

touch_start(integer num_detected) {
        timerCount=0;
        if (llParcelMediaQuery([PARCEL_MEDIA_COMMAND_TEXTURE]) == []) {  
            llParcelMediaCommandList([
                PARCEL_MEDIA_COMMAND_URL,mediaURL,
                PARCEL_MEDIA_COMMAND_TEXTURE, (key) llGetTexture(0)
            ]);
        }

PARCEL_MEDIA_COMMAND_AGENT, llDetectedKey(0),
            PARCEL_MEDIA_COMMAND_TIME, timerCount,
            PARCEL_MEDIA_COMMAND_PLAY
        ]);

llSetTimerEvent(0.15);
    }

timer() {

if(displayTime==1) {
            llSetText((string)timerCount, <1.0,0,0>,1.0);
        }

if(llGetUnixTime()%resync==0) {
            timerCount=timerCount+resync;   
                PARCEL_MEDIA_COMMAND_AGENT, llDetectedKey(0),
                PARCEL_MEDIA_COMMAND_TIME, timerCount
            ]);            
        }

if(timerCount >= videoLength) {
            llParcelMediaCommandList([PARCEL_MEDIA_COMMAND_STOP]);
            timerCount=0;
            if(loop==0) {
                llSetTimerEvent(0.0);
            }
        } 
    }
}

Attach this script to a prim in your parcel.

It will use the prim's texture as the media texture for your parcel.

Touching the prim will activate the media. Sometimes your "auto play" will activate the media. Haven't had time to figure it out yet. (But it should still sync).

There is a weird sync delay and I haven't had any time today to perfect it.

My server is not fast enough to sync video like this. My server will be especially not fast enough if you use the URL I included. I might even take it down, so you'll want to use your own.

This would work well if you plan on syncing video screens in a club with a separate audio feed (most likely the case in a club).

There are bugs and many features could be added, but CogliLAttimo's excellent post motivated me.

Edited by Evah Baxton
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.