movement

Ladyhawk Vollmar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Help i have just logged on and i tp from home and i start to dance and cannot stop.  I have removed everything including AO and gone to Avatar/Avatar stop movement and removed permissions and just cannot stop dancing i believe i have been griefed has anybody got any ideas i have been here 12 years and would hate to loose my avatar she has been built up with lots of money and lots of love 

Do you have RLV turned on?  If you do, try turning it off, then relogging (or logging in with the LL viewer which doesn't allow RLV).  Another thing to try would be the "Reset default female avatar (character test)"  or selecting one of the starter avatars from within the viewer.  If the automatic dancing stops, then recreate your normal avatar, adding one thing and a time and making sure the dancing doesn't restart.  

Once you get it resolved, I'd suggest saving a 'base' outfit of your normal avatar with just body and head that you can use as an easy restart if something odd happens again.

It might take trying a few things, but I doubt that you would need to loose your avatar altogether because of this.

Once you are SURE you have all possible things off that could play an animation...

TP to a couple of different regions. Try the Stop Animations each time. Also walk a few steps, fly, run... these all force the playing animation to update, which hopefully will force the stand animation to change.

Put your normal AO on.

We are assuming you are using the Linden SL Viewer because your are new and didn't tell us which viewer you are using. Whenever you ask a tech question it is smart to include viewer/computer information (Help->About... copy-paste)

Lots of bumps in SL can cause this. It is unlikely this is a griefer thing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.