Very old starter avatar missing

Dean Haystack

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello forum,

I come to you in a time of great need. I'm looking for some very old starter avatars. I've been looking up and down the Library and no luck so far, I found pretty much all of the old ones and even Ruth is hanging there, but no luck with a particular generation that I want. This is the generation I am looking for:

e885cde36f0bc8e533850e3bc2db790b.png

I am particularly interested in the last one on the right from that list, but I can't seem to find any of that generation at all, not even the top one on the right which is suppose to be called "Boy Next Door" and look like this:

c0ee9a84ce3928dcb2c7d60ac0dda2ff.jpg

There is a folder with that name, but when I wear the folder named "Boy Next Door" I get this:

948fef9d5650caccf941bd669854689d.png

Is that generation of avatars all gone for some reason? Any help would be appreciated.

Please, pretty please.

32 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

@Dean Haystack You could just create the original Ruth look yourself.(...)

3 hours ago, Dean Haystack said:

(...)I found pretty much all of the old ones and even Ruth is (...) there, but no luck with a particular generation that I want.

ef94e0ea3df0698555d2f7bf7703646b.png

(...)I am particularly interested in the last one on the right from that list(...)

@Panteleeva

As did I, like you can see in my original post...

3 hours ago, Dean Haystack said:

Ruth is (...) there

I'm not interested in Ruth, she's an older avatar and not part of this generation:

The avatar in the top left on that picture is NOT Ruth. This is what those two avatars in the top look like:

f995c484a9aacabbdef3354d78bd15e4.jpg

Did I mention that avatar is not Ruth and Ruth is not part of the generation of avatars I am looking for? I'm not interested in Ruth, I don't know if I mentioned that before.

The SOLE reason I even pointed the out the name 'Ruth' (and I'm starting to regret it, is she akin to a lazer pointer?) was to make a point that there is a chronological gap in what is available on the Library, it's not a matter of "the very old stuff is not available" because Ruth predates THE ONES I WANT, that's it, I'm not looking for her, never was, made that very clear on my original post.

Right now I'm thinking, Ruth might be in the Library as an exception because she was actually the first mesh avatar made when LL moved from their primitars, but the rest of the old stuff isn't available because it just wasn't made to be available for no particular reason.
Either that or maybe there is some licencing issue with that generation that I am interested in.
I know the generation that followed the one I want was created by some brands in SL such as Adam N' Eve, Nylon Pinkney, Grendel's Children, Wraith Unsung and Renegade Clothing.
All of those can be found in the Library with more information here: 
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Default_Avatar_Designers
As far as I can tell, the ones on that link (not the picture) were released around June 2008

The ones in the picture (the only ones I am interested in) were the default starter avatars until around May of 2008, since I created my account on May 2008 and the upload date on the wiki for the generation that followed is June 2008.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dean Haystack said:
  4 hours ago, Dean Haystack said:

(...)I found pretty much all of the old ones and even Ruth is (...) there, but no luck with a particular generation that I want.

ef94e0ea3df0698555d2f7bf7703646b.png

(...)I am particularly interested in the last one on the right from that list(...)

All of those avatars - including the one you want - are in a box put together by Torley Linden at the Stillman Free Bazaar. Go here and pick up the 'Old Library Content' box that I've arrowed in the below image:

old_library_content01.jpg.1c42c09b87d83911d9aa9e83b91a661c.jpg

The avatar that you want is the 'Clothing > Nightclub Male' one inside that box:

old_library_content02.png.dddfd0777c5a14bba38b7a1b953e6132.png

For reference, this is everything inside that Old Library Content box, in case anyone wants an outfit for a Noob Party in future:

old_library_content03.png.1cc4390842ab45ee932974b8327e7b48.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 9

You're welcome :) I only found out about it because - years ago - I took part in one of those 'progression of your avatar' image suggestions on Flickr, and I needed my old Goth Male avi from 2007. I spent ages searching, then came across an old forum post mentioning they were all archived there.

1 hour ago, Dean Haystack said:

@Panteleeva

As did I, like you can see in my original post...

I'm not interested in Ruth, she's an older avatar and not part of this generation:

f995c484a9aacabbdef3354d78bd15e4.jpg

Did I mention that avatar is not Ruth

For the record: SLers have been referring to this avatar since the beginning of all SL time as the RUTH avatar because it is based on the original Ruth mesh. If you want this look (as in the picture above) - then create it. Right-click in inventory and make a new shape. Then hair, eyes, and all the rest. What you will end up with is what you see in your picture above.

Of course this is all based on your OP where you describe this ruth avatar to begin with where you mention the "Top right" - which is the male version of Ruth. Though I'm happy to see you found your answer (which only really required looking more closely at your own inventory, right?) :)

Edited by Alyona Su

@Alyona Su The unedited original post could not be more clear.

5 hours ago, Dean Haystack said:

(...)last one on the right from that list(...)

When I mentioned Ruth...

5 hours ago, Dean Haystack said:

(...) I've been looking up and down the Library and no luck so far, I found pretty much all of the old ones and even Ruth is hanging there (...)

If I clearly stated I found Ruth, it is beyond me how anyone reading that would think I was looking for a thing that I had found...

2 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

All of those avatars - including the one you want - are in a box put together by Torley Linden at the Stillman Free Bazaar. Go here and pick up the 'Old Library Content' box that I've arrowed in the below image:

old_library_content01.jpg.1c42c09b87d83911d9aa9e83b91a661c.jpg

The avatar that you want is the 'Clothing > Nightclub Male' one inside that box:

old_library_content02.png.dddfd0777c5a14bba38b7a1b953e6132.png

For reference, this is everything inside that Old Library Content box, in case anyone wants an outfit for a Noob Party in future:

old_library_content03.png.1cc4390842ab45ee932974b8327e7b48.png

OMG thank you! I've wanted the Harajaku outfit for so long....

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

OMG thank you! I've wanted the Harajaku Harajuku outfit for so long....

:ph34r: Really? I still have that one saved in my inventory; because when I was new I actually wore it for few days. This one is the female Harajuku. OMG! xD
(I almost quit SL thinking "this is not ready yet...")

Outfit-from-2007.jpg.9ad3bfeac47f874506b4fc7e1a0c80de.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Coby Foden said:

:ph34r: Really? I still have that one saved in my inventory; because when I was new I actually wore it for few days. This one is the female Harajuku. OMG! xD
(I almost quit SL thinking "this is not ready yet...")

Outfit-from-2007.jpg.9ad3bfeac47f874506b4fc7e1a0c80de.jpg

That's it!

I upgraded it a bit....

200128_007.thumb.jpg.6acbd133bbcc730a0dae16171e3d82b1.jpg

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.