Getting this message today when I log into sl formus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1522 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Me... umm... as well!

This server could not prove that it is community.secondlife.com; its security certificate expired in the last day. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. Your computer's clock is currently set to Wednesday, January 29, 2020. Does that look right? If not, you should correct your system's clock and then refresh this page. 😮😕

Annotation 2020-01-29 002038.jpg

Edited by Maryanne Solo

Just now, Maryanne Solo said:

Me... umm... as well!

This server could not prove that it is community.secondlife.com; its security certificate expired in the last day. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. Your computer's clock is currently set to Wednesday, January 29, 2020. Does that look right? If not, you should correct your system's clock and then refresh this page. 😮😕

my conputer was set to the right time and date its the 28th here I manually made it the 27th and the message disappeared but thats just a temp fix never happened before.

The forum host just needs to update their SSL certificate. it's no big deal. Google already has more personal private information on you than anyone could possibly steal from you on these forums.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

The forum host just needs to update their SSL certificate. it's no big deal. Google already has more personal private information on you than anyone could possibly steal from you on these forums.

It's not really about Google though, is it? SSL is end-to-end, so any "man in the middle" could theoretically intercept non-SSL-encrypted traffic. Not likely but still, personally, I won't be typing any passwords into these unsecured windows.

(I might be paranoid, but I'm running over a wifi mesh to the modem; I'd like to think that network's encryption is adequate but all these things are potential points of failure so I'd feel more warm and fuzzy with end-to-end encryption layered above the network.)

1 hour ago, Qie Niangao said:

It's not really about Google though, is it? SSL is end-to-end, so any "man in the middle" could theoretically intercept non-SSL-encrypted traffic. Not likely but still, personally, I won't be typing any passwords into these unsecured windows.

While the various forum pages are currently unsecure, all of the sign in pages are still secure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I tweeted at the ebbster.  and Kristin says they are working on it.   Don't panic, LL has not been hacked or attacked.  it's a legit issue with their certificates, it takes lots to remember to renew them and most do not auto renew.   as a webhosting provider, I have 1500 domains with 855 that need valid certificates and all that expire on different days, trust me, some slip through the cracks, but like people have done they notified the lindens and the lindens go forth and fix thee problem!

13 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

File a support ticket saying the security certificate has expired and the world is about to end.

Lodged Ticket: Hello staff --- you might want to check the website/mboard's security cert and the world is going to end.

Some Linden: Thank you for making us alert. Since the world is ending, contact the CEO for transferring the company to you so we all can run and run!

Edited by Kimmi Zehetbauer
Old age typo.
  • Haha 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1522 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.