Showing on line even though i hadn't logged into SL

Lanisonia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I logged into SL this morning to be asked did i log back into Second Life the previous night after logging out.. I was shown to have logged back in some 9 minutes after logging out in same place i was before. I was showing on line for around about 2 minutes then logged out.

This was not me however, i did not log back even though my avatar had. I have changed my password, checked all transaction history, nothing is showing abnormally including my bank account.

Any suggestions what could of happened?

It happens.  My bestie will appear to be online even tho I know she’s not- I’ll send an IM & it automatically (usually) responds back with user not online.   I say usually cause at times she will have issues with the mobile client not showing as logged in on her phone but online to me & I don’t get the user offline message.  You can be pretty sure something similar is happening.  

• Like 1

Yeah, SL plays tricks with online status, but usually not logging back in.  If the person was using an avatar online system and that told them you'd logged back in, that's pretty common with those.

But, it's also possible someone got hold of your account information.  I would strongly recommend changing your password, just in case. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gadget Portal said:

Sending someone an IM before they're completely logged out will make them show as logged in for a little while. 

I can consistently replicate this effect. 

Yes, that's true. Though apparently i came back on line some 9 minutes after logging. First thought i must of been hacked. Though doing all the checks on billing, money, Bank accounts it seems not. Nothing unusual , nothing in billing or transactions so hoping this did not happen. Like said above i instantly changed my password and checked bank account etc 

1 hour ago, Lanisonia said:

Yes, that's true. Though apparently i came back on line some 9 minutes after logging. First thought i must of been hacked. Though doing all the checks on billing, money, Bank accounts it seems not. Nothing unusual , nothing in billing or transactions so hoping this did not happen. Like said above i instantly changed my password and checked bank account etc 

9 minutes isn't that long, really. Not with how well optimized SL is. It could be related to this bug I mentioned.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.