An easy way to make SL look like GTA

Evah Baxton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Orwar said:

Or just buy and rez a bunch of the stolen GTA assets on the MP. 😛

I know. I could use more low-LI game-type animesh characters that aren't copyright violations. On Marketplace, just about everything from Star [Trek|Wars|Gate|Craft] is available. Endless zombie game stuff. Disney princesses and their crowd. Not what I need.

There are good 3D models available in SL that aren't animated and aren't franchised items.

hoodlumpopulationmed.thumb.jpg.289621bb83bfe17556aa0ed44a6292f1.jpg

Street scene. Hoodlum Hill's population. These look similar to what you find in GTA. No idea where these came from. Many different creators. Amazingly low LI on some.

It's common to see characters like this standing around in roleplay sims. These are 3D mesh models, but not rigged mesh. No one has upgraded them to animesh.

I'd like to buy a few low-LI characters like that which are just ordinary people, not borrowed from some franchise. Don't need the hassle.

• Like 1

What if i told you i've been thinking about adding the fast-travel camera of GTA5 to teleports for years now. Zoom out, zoom out, zoom out, shakey shakey, fly over, zoom in, zoom in, zoom in, zoom in, animate to your camera preset.

Edited by NiranV Dean
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, NiranV Dean said:

What if i told you i've been thinking about adding the fast-travel camera of GTA5 to teleports for years now. Zoom out, zoom out, zoom out, shakey shakey, fly over, zoom in, zoom in, zoom in, zoom in, animate to your camera preset.

I think that would make me feel sea-sick. 🤮

• Like 1

Just now, Fauve Aeon said:

Yes! I like it so much! I keep my teleport screen off in firestorm as it is, I like the sight as well as the feeling of being snatched across the grid. 

Except that in Firestorm with disabled teleport screen you'll just plop into the next SIM without the camera changing.

11 minutes ago, NiranV Dean said:

Except that in Firestorm with disabled teleport screen you'll just plop into the next SIM without the camera changing.

It’s not nearly as good, true but there is a sense of movement and of course no black screen. Yours is much cooler. 

13 hours ago, NiranV Dean said:

One of my back burner ideas was to use the SL map data in the viewer so that, beyond draw distance, you'd see the SL map for reachable land areas, instead of fake water. This is mostly for flying, so you could see something useful when at high altitude. Like the airport you want to land at. Google Earth works like that. If that was in the viewer, teleports could be set up to have the zoom out to altitude, zoom back in effect. It would give people more of a sense of place when they teleported, as it does in GTA.

Like this:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, animats said:

I know. I could use more low-LI game-type animesh characters that aren't copyright violations. On Marketplace, just about everything from Star [Trek|Wars|Gate|Craft] is available. Endless zombie game stuff. Disney princesses and their crowd. Not what I need.

There are good 3D models available in SL that aren't animated and aren't franchised items.

Black dude front and center is literally CJ from GTA San Andreas, top right with the beard is Father Grigori from Half Life 2, i dont know too many videogame characters from more obscure franchises but im pretty sure the dude in yellow and the fat kid in the red shirt are from a Tony Hawk game ive played before.

529-5291835_samp-skin-id-gta-san-andreas.png.jpg

VJD1lzm-_400x400.jpg

22 hours ago, animats said:

Street scene. Hoodlum Hill's population. These look similar to what you find in GTA. No idea where these came from. Many different creators. Amazingly low LI on some.

Guy second from the right is Father Grigori from Half Life 2. (I like him!)

Black guy, second from the right (front row) is the main character from GTA: San Andreas.

Girl next to the black guy looks like a rip directly from SL.

Girl behind her looks familiar, but I can't place it. Same with the guy in green, way in the back, and the one with the guitar.

Edit: Bah, foiled by @cheesecurd

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

2 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Guy second from the right is Father Grigori from Half Life 2. (I like him!)

Black guy, second from the right (front row) is the main character from GTA: San Andreas.

I was hoping they were original. I'd like to see SL look more like GTA in the sense of AAA title quality, not by copying characters.

SL is up there with AAA titles in some areas. Bellissaria looks pretty good compared to many games. SL could potentially get there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.