Help with group (confernce?) voice call in Firestorm needed

Aroid Boa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1543 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello...

My friends and I have switched to Firestorm a couple of months ago, and we like it.  However, we have found one issue we can not figure out.  I hope this is the correct place to ask my question.

Usually, three of four of us meet in SL.  We like to make a private voice call between all three or four of us so we can talk to each other while moving around and playing in SL.

No matter how hard we try, we have been unable to figure out how to do this.  We have moved to different SIMs to make sure that was not the issue.  All of us can make public voice work.  And we can make a voice call between two people.  But we have been unable to figure out how to connect three or four people together in a privite voice call (or perhaps it is called a conference call?).

Any suggestions?  Perhaps someone here knows of a FAQ or web page that answers this question that you can point me to?

Any help appreciated,

Thank you

aroid boa

Hi Aroid,

This page should be what you are looking for:-

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_chat

See the section on "How to Start a Conference Chat"

EDIT: I've read your question more carefully - its voice, nor chat, that you're asking about. That page does not answer you, sorry!

This is the Voice page:-

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_using_voice

As far as I know, everyone one in range can hear voice (provided they have voice enabled). I don't use voice in general; maybe someone who does will know more.

Edited by Odaks

Thank you for trying to help me. 

Yes, I am asking about *VOICE* not text chat.  I have read the link to the Firestorm Voice that you pointed me to.  This is helpful to people who can not get voice to work.  As I said in my post, we can all talk voice in public.  And we can all nail up a voice chat between two people.  None of us have any issues with voice when used like that. 

My question is this:  We are a group of three or four people.  We wish to have a *private* voice chat going on between us.  We are in a SIM that supports voice chat.  We can all voice chat in public.  We can do a person to person voice chat (2 people only).  So none of us are having trouble with voice. 

The issue we are having is trying to build a private chat group that involves three to four people.

Can anyone point me to a wiki or help page or directions on how to do this?  If not in Firestorm, can this be done using the Linden Labs SL viewer?  If so, can anyone point me to a wiki, direction or any text showing how this is done?

Thanks to all for helping me. Any help appreciated.

aroid boa

I did a search in the link posted under " Ad  hoc conference call " and came up with nothing.  Can you think of another term to search under? 

I will start reading the entire thing and see if I can find anything.

Thank you again for the help.

aroid boa

6 hours ago, Aroid Boa said:

I did a search in the link posted under " Ad  hoc conference call " and came up with nothing.  Can you think of another term to search under? 

I will start reading the entire thing and see if I can find anything.

Thank you again for the help.

aroid boa

the text I copy paste here

Ad hoc conference call

An ad hoc conference call is a private conversation among a set of people you choose.  They don't have to be your friends or in a group.  To start an ad hoc call:

1. Click People button1.jpg at the bottom of the Second Life window. The PEOPLE window opens.
  2. In the NEARBY or FRIENDS tab, Ctrl-click on the people to whom you wish to talk.
  3. Right click on the selected people and choose Voice call.

An ad hoc group conference starts among the people you chose.

this will open a Conversations - Multi-person chat window. Like this:

voicecall.png.d1eb69f209b1e61e8f9d8bbba13b47c6.png

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1543 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.