Flickr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1553 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been saving pics to Flickr for quite some time and now all of a sudden there is no Flickr option.  Are we no longer able to save pics taken on SL to Flickr?  I have never posted anything obscene or remotely negative and yet the option has disappeared.  an anyone help me with this issue?  Thanks in advance,  Milla

LL decided to discontinue that feature in their viewer. 

If you want to keep posting from a viewer, you can still use a third party viewer that allows you to do this. Unfortunately, the only third party viewer that I know of that will let you post flickr pics from inside the viewer is Firestorm.
There may be other viewers that will let you post to flickr, but I am not aware of them.

I believe it has to do with the API changing a lot on Flickr's end.

I'm not sure why Flickr keeps messing with their API... but they do...

And it's taking too many LL resources to keep up with Flickr's "random change of the day".

That button might disappear from Firestorm soon as well... if the way it connects starts failing due to Flickr changing some random thing...

I was messing around with Skyrim earlier this year so I have an example from there... The devs behind Skyrim break their 'modding API' every few weeks just to push out a banner ad on their launcher saying "buy this junk"... they do it sloppily... so everytime they put up a new advert, half the mods in the entire Skyrim community die a horrible death... and need to be remade...

- those mods are made by random folks like us... on their free time for no payment at all... so with every new "buy this crap" advert... some mods die forever...

I suspect we're looking at a similar level of 'stupid' on Flickr's end here... but I don't know... It just feels so typical...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1553 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.