Help. My Maitreya body is broken.

Opal Gustafson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1543 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I crashed under a tp and when logged back my body was broken. I  took a redelivery for the body but still looks like this 🙁 Slink body works. I cleaned my computer. My graphic card is updated. I have tped to different places. I have detached all i had on and relog.  But its still looks like this. Not sure what more i can try? 

https://gyazo.com/5c392eda3c1460e3e1e8f313acd89022

Something similar happens to me when I sail in a ship battle with lots of sim line crossings.  Appliers I'm wearing and alpha cuts stay no matter what I do. Even wearing a different copy of the body doesn't help.  I can normally fix it with a simple relog.  A few times when I crashed I had to relog twice.

• Like 2

Thanks for help. I took a new delivery again. Cleared cashe. Restarted. Made a character test. Put on the body again. What i wear in skin shape and brows is a mix. Trying different of those to see if it has something to do with that. I have click show all and each section. Something sticks out at upper leg and when clicking pelvis it be smaller. I use Firestorm and tried SL viewer. My body is good there BUT The head is white now and i do not have a head on now and no bom layers. When i crashed i had Lelutka head if that have a point. Going slightly mad here 😫  Just logged in an alt and she see no broken body but the white head.

https://gyazo.com/4ea8bf2890e4af86a633eac000f80e08

https://gyazo.com/370119078877c25b74677dbec82c0ed0

Edited by Opal Gustafson
and more

Whilst wearing the HUD and the body, go into avatar health and reset your attachments, the HUD should update to reflect the alpha cuts. Alternatively, if you're using BOM, make sure that you're not wearing any alphas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

Whilst wearing the HUD and the body, go into avatar health and reset your attachments, the HUD should update to reflect the alpha cuts. Alternatively, if you're using BOM, make sure that you're not wearing any alphas.

System alphas don't work with Maitreya BOM, so it's not that.

• Like 1

If I understand correctly, you tried using HUD to restore your body/remove alpha cuts but it is not working? If HUD is not functioning all of the sudden, you should re-deliver  and start fresh. I had a situation where after a crash every single scripted object I was wearing stopped functioning, but fresh copy of those items solved the issue.  

Don`t worry about saved outfits, you can easily replace links with just a few clicks.

• Like 1

Thanks for all advice. I went for body redelivery for the fifth time. I have resetting attachments, and been in scriptfriendly places. Checked all avatar health again and did the character test. Cleared cashe. Relogged. Started to fix my avi again......and this sticks out. Its is written Amara Beauty and i do not even have that Amara skin on now. I gonna be crazy for real 😢

83233307ccd52c0b18d7314a36876daa.jpg

Two things that have not yet been suggested:

The first is to power-cycle your router. I don't mean just switch it off and on again or hit the reset button on it; I mean actually remove it from its power source. Unplug it from the socket, pull out the power cable; whatever you need to do to completely disconnect it and have it switched off with no power going into it. After at least one minute has passed, plug it back in and let it restart, then - when you log back in - make sure you do so directly to the Hippo Hollow region. You can set this on the viewer's loading page, where you normally have the choice of Home, Last Location, or <Type Region Name>.

If power-cycling the router and logging directly in at Hippo Hollow don't fix it, then you need more drastic measures. You say that the issue started after a crash, and those can completely mess up your viewer's settings files. The drastic measure needed to fix that is a full clean reinstall of your viewer. Assuming that you're using Firestorm, follow the instructions in this video, and follow them to the letter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

The first is to power-cycle your router.

Wow thanks! I must try that now. Its my last chance i think. I have tried everything and still my body is a mess. I start with the router and the Hippo region. If thats not working i do the full clean reinstall for Firestorm. 

Reading all this I'm sorry people kept telling you to get a re-delivery when you said that was the first thing you did on your original post...
Also, from the gifs is clear that the scripts are working, just the mesh is not being rendered right as we can (or should) see all the triangles to the side going on and off.

On 1/25/2020 at 11:16 AM, Opal Gustafson said:

(...)I use Firestorm and tried SL viewer. My body is good there(...)

Well there's your problem.

44 minutes ago, Opal Gustafson said:

i do the full clean reinstall for Firestorm. 

Make sure you really do a full clean install, backup your settings first, or set them all again manually. That should clear it up.

• Like 2

Yay! The router power-thing did not help so i went on with the full clean Firestorm reinstall.  I have never done that before,  so i it took some time to understand the video since english isnt my language. But i made it, and my body is back to normal again. Thanks for all help, so happy now 🥰

• Like 3

Dean saw the problem. Those triangles with skin texture and that they appear and disappear with the HUD alphas on/off are evidence the mesh is not rendering fully. It downloaded, but the viewer is not putting things in the right place.

The gateway/modem, computer restart, and relog are basic easy steps. Try these before you start ripping things apart and getting complicated.

Switching to the Linden viewer tells you if it is a viewer problem or not. In your case the result pointed to your viewer. As viewers now have their own 'unshared cache', it also pointed to the cache. So, you should have been trying to fix the viewer-cache as likely problems.

The usual easy steps while in the viewer are Avatar->Avatar Health->[Undeform, Force Rebake, Refresh Attachments] (do all 3). The next step is to zoom WAY OUT then zoom in super close. Zoom slowly, like 10 seconds out and in. Give a little pause at max out. You are trying to trip an LoD reset to force the mesh to fully load and render. You can try going into Preferences->Graphics->General->Level of Detail...->Object & Sculpts and setting the value to 4.0 (max). Do another zoom out and in. With luck every thing will snap back in place.

Another step is to take the body off and rez it on the ground and edit it. Don't worry about No-Mod. You don't need to actually edit anything. Just get it in Edit mode to have the viewer see it a different way. Zoom in and out on it. The hope is this will force the viewer to correct the LoD loads. Hopefully the body will fully render sitting on the ground. Take back into inventory and wear/add it. With any luck...

When all those fail move on to clearing cache. Do this after logging out from a deserted and empty region. Login into the same empty region, Last Location. Let inventory completely reload before leaving. This often fixes this type of error. Furball is a good region to try and there are others adjacent.

There are other things to try before a clean install, but they are more time consuming and error prone than just doing the install. Go with a reinstall at this point. All the above are easy and quick.

The fail to render like you saw is almost never a mesh problem. So, one redelivery is enough to eliminate that possible problem.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

So, one redelivery is enough to eliminate that possible problem.

Yes. The reason i went for re-delivery several times  I was desperate 😟 I  thought it could be the viewer, thats why i also used SL viewer. But when my alt saw everything correct at same laptop, i was thinking it can not be that. Thanks for more things to try if it happens again. I hope not. 😊

The dead give away that this was a corrupt object cache problem was the deformed pieces of the body floating just outside of the body. If you see this happen again, get a redelivery and if the new body looks exactly the same and you've verified that no one besides you sees your body as you do then go ahead and manually clear your object cache. Typically this is enough to get the body looking normal again but in some cases even that isn't enough and a clean reinstall is needed; however this is extremely rare. Also, a good place to look for help with your Maitreya body is in the Maitreya Lara Friends group inworld.

16 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

The dead give away that this was a corrupt object cache problem was the deformed pieces of the body floating just outside of the body. If you see this happen again, get a redelivery and if the new body looks exactly the same and you've verified that no one besides you sees your body as you do then go ahead and manually clear your object cache. Typically this is enough to get the body looking normal again but in some cases even that isn't enough and a clean reinstall is needed; however this is extremely rare. Also, a good place to look for help with your Maitreya body is in the Maitreya Lara Friends group inworld.

Yes, I know now what to do if this happens again and that a clean install  is not the first thing to try with problems like this. For some it helps just with a simple relog or two.  
I know about the Maitreya group also. I reached the limit for groups and did not wanted to leave one just to ask one question. The forum is also  a place to ask for help when something is wrong i think 🙂

6 hours ago, Opal Gustafson said:

For some it helps just with a simple relog or two.

If the problem is a corrupted object cache a relog won't ever fix the problem.

6 hours ago, Opal Gustafson said:

The forum is also  a place to ask for help when something is wrong i think 🙂

I wasn't suggesting not to ask here in the forums and I understand about being careful how you use your group slots. It's just the help is typically faster if you can ask in that group because you're more likely to get the root of the problem sooner.

• Like 1

Remember. Most problems have already been encountered by residents. You are not likely the first, but it happens. You will often find the answer in the SL Forum Answers section. See the menu at the top of any forum page. Do a search in the section. You may have to phrase your question different ways to find the answer. But, if you find it... you have an answer with no wait, which is VERY much a thing for me.

In the Answers section there are some knowledgeable peeps providing answers. They have been around a long time and seen a lot of problems. A search brings up those threads.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1543 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.