Struggling to find land that suits what I need.

LilithServil

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The previous space that I rented was enough to fit my 37x42m home with room to spare, rent was 500L weekly and I was able to use around 1200 prims with the option of expanding.

However that rental service closed down over the holidays and I haven't been able to find anything remotely comparable.

Are there any decent places to rent with the correct amount of area and prims that I need along with a weekly rate that isn't insane??? I've been looking at rentals for a couple hours now and I'm either finding:

• Places that charge higher than the prim count is, i.e 900L weekly for 700 prims
  • Places that charge 500L weekly but don't have the space nor prim count I need-- which is 732 MINIMUM for the house, not to mention other furniture I want to put down.
  • Places that are 600-700L weekly, which is still doable, but don't have the right space dimensions nor prim count...

Does anyone know anywhere I could feasibly rent with costs below 700 per week with the space I need?? I'd prefer something primarily on the ground floor but with an option for a skybox for privacy... Gonna have to be moderate or adult land because I frequently mod avatars and create skins, featuring avatars in the nude, so general is out of the question... My options feel so limited 😕

Edited by LilithServil

1200 prims for merely 500L ... honestly, no surprise that those rentals went out of business.

There is a hard-set base price of each piece of land inworld and that's what the landlord actually pays for it. This price may be cut down to "L$ per prim" or "L$ per sqm", but as long as they rent it out below their own cost, they're at loss. 

I'd suppose that your best bet would be Mainland rentals, as Mainland is quite the cheapest mass of land to hold, thus rentals are likely to be cheaper.

A mature rating should be enough for your needs, especially if you do your modding on a secluded spot in a skybox high up.

Happy searching.

48 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

1200 prims for merely 500L ... honestly, no surprise that those rentals went out of business.

There is a hard-set base price of each piece of land inworld and that's what the landlord actually pays for it. This price may be cut down to "L$ per prim" or "L$ per sqm", but as long as they rent it out below their own cost, they're at loss. 

I'd suppose that your best bet would be Mainland rentals, as Mainland is quite the cheapest mass of land to hold, thus rentals are likely to be cheaper.

A mature rating should be enough for your needs, especially if you do your modding on a secluded spot in a skybox high up.

Happy searching.

IIRC it was only supposed to be 700 rezzable prims with a pre-placed, semi-furnished house, but I managed to talk the owner into removing the house and letting me put my own down.

I was renting there for well over a year and I think the disbanding notice in the group stated the places would be back up sometime later, but I'd rather rent on the ground than in a skybox like before anyway.

I'm guessing the best way to find mainland rentals is by just searching actively ON the mainland? Because I've tried perusing search results and can't find anything both with necessary space requirements + prims for a price under 1k weekly. That, or like I said, some people charging more L than the land gives prims, which is pretty much the opposite of what I've seen renting the past 3 years.

1 hour ago, LilithServil said:

IIRC it was only supposed to be 700 rezzable prims with a pre-placed, semi-furnished house, but I managed to talk the owner into removing the house and letting me put my own down.

I was renting there for well over a year and I think the disbanding notice in the group stated the places would be back up sometime later, but I'd rather rent on the ground than in a skybox like before anyway.

I'm guessing the best way to find mainland rentals is by just searching actively ON the mainland? Because I've tried perusing search results and can't find anything both with necessary space requirements + prims for a price under 1k weekly. That, or like I said, some people charging more L than the land gives prims, which is pretty much the opposite of what I've seen renting the past 3 years.

@iamyourneighbour has land for  .50L per land impact point.  Some is empty land, others have buildings. He isn't on much lately though so you might not get a speedy reply.  Some have free houses with that.  My new free art gallery is on one of the parcels with a building (looks very much like a museum) and I am very happy with it.    As a rule (now) unless something is pretty spectacular (and there are those places) one most likely shouldn't be paying any more than 1 to 1 for their plot.   I am paying 1389 a week for my very nice and VERY lag free store lot on private lands.  I also have a small plot (a bit bigger than a 1024 that I pay 1250 a week with 750 li (most that I don't use) BUT it is a themed community with lots of group spaces and such. So I am sure your lot is out there. Just keep looking.  The wanted section is your friend :D

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 1

there are people willing to share their own private region at below true cost, mostly because they just like having people on their region, and to get pin money for themselves

pin money which is nice to have but not critical to the owner. The owner is down to paying the region tiers fully themselves either way. The L$ they do get as pin money from others is spent on other things

it seems Lilith, that you were living with a person such as this

people like this are out there and are mostly in my experience, private region owners typically with just one region

• 3 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.