Item i purchased has no content inside of it....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi

*Sorry i cannot find anything exactly like this in the forum

I just purchased this item and the reason i'm showing my  invoice of the item is that in MP the item has disappeared  but there another almost identical but for a different price. In my recent it has a folder but with no content. i have tried logging out - i am unsure how to reset cache i heard may help but this looks very wyd.  Any suggestions..... image.thumb.png.99fb5a22d36bf5b78633087fe2933b3e.png

4 minutes ago, ProzacGummyBear said:

Rasterscan What do i do now?

Whatever you do, don't blame me !  :D    It's a gacha, multi seller, and no copy no mod no trans. As Alwin said, first drop the seller a line and tell 'em the folder was empty. With a bit o' luck they'll send you it over direct.

Edited by rasterscan
  • Like 2

Just now, ProzacGummyBear said:

Rasterscan I sent a message through the purchased item page in the feedback a few days ago- But Because this MP item has disappeared  I don't know how to DM  the seller...

you have the name, look it up inworld and send a IM or notecard ( read the profile first how they want to be contacted)

Are you sure you did not unpack it already, could not find it in the inventory and tried to unpack the delivery box again? 

Do as Alwin is suggesting. Type in part of the name in the search window. Or you can look under Recent items. 

If you deleted the delivery box, it is in your trash folder.

If you see it in your received items, try to unpack it again.

If you first dragged the item out on a mesh surface, and got the blue pop-up message that you can not rez items here, then it is in your Lost and Found folder. An item returned to Lost and Found do not show up before you log out, and log in again.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Inventory

13 minutes ago, ProzacGummyBear said:

Rasterscan I sent a message through the purchased item page in the feedback a few days ago- But Because this MP item has disappeared  I don't know how to DM  the seller...

Prozzy. You need to learn off by heart the 'Search' button. Where it will be depends on which viewer you use. But you go ...

Search>People tab> type in seller name > double click their name in result box>Choose 'IM' ( instant message) > tell 'em what happened and quote order number  x

Edited by rasterscan

14 minutes ago, ProzacGummyBear said:

I IM a message lets see what happen's :) 

Hope you get your lindens back if not the actual product. Note anything dragged from Inv to the floor that is permission 'No Copy' will disappear from Inv while it is rezzed to the floor. The object has to be right clicked and choose 'Take' to get it back to the Inv.

At the risk of overloading you with info, if rezzed stuff is invisible, you need to use Ctrl Alt T to toggle show invisibles on/off

Lastly, a lot of people avoid 'No Copy' items, as they are easily lost. Until my partner addicted me to Gachas, I wouldn't touch no copies with a barge pole, following the loss of a 2 grand bed, but now I do. ( Glares at partner, but well dressed )

Edited by rasterscan
  • Like 1

In my experience as a MP seller it is not possible to sell an empty folder on MP. When I remove all content in a folder, it delists the item.

Here is the starting place for anyone wishing to learn about shopping 

Edited by Pamela Galli

I found it in Lost and Found! O.O Now i have the orange box - i  have done  'Add' it went on my Avi then i 'detached'  I do not get the Copy to folder window option. So i usually drag the orange box into the world. I'm concerned it may go poofisky! :)  

P.s I got FireStorm today that is when i noticed the folder Lost and Found wyd.

Edited by ProzacGummyBear
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ProzacGummyBear said:

I found it in Lost and Found! O.O Now i have the orange box - i  have done  'Add' it went on my Avi then i 'detached'  I do not get the Copy to folder window option. So i usually drag the orange box into the world. I'm concerned it may go poofisky! :)  

P.s I got FireStorm today that is when i noticed the folder Lost and Found wyd.

If you drag on default ground, as in a sandbox, you are safe. It is when you drag something on mesh, that is the problem. If you drag a no copy item out and on a mesh surface and you get a blue pop up window in the up in the right corner saying something like "You can not create... " item ends up in Lost and Found. The downside is that you have to log off and in again before it shows up there.

• Like 2

Drag something out on a Prim - an old school prim - does not give you problems. Usually! Some times SL just mess up.

It is not practical to rez stuff outside and move it inside. You can create your own safe floor to rez on if you have a house with mesh floor. Note that some creators have a mesh floor without this problem. I am not technical enough to explain why, I just know the problem.

If you test with copy items, and you get the blue pop-up and you can not rez inside, go to a sandbox.

There, rightclick on the ground and choose Build. You will get a selection of forms, ignore it and click the ground again. You create a default plywood cube. Take it, it is now on top in your Object folder and named "Object". Richtclick on it and name it something like "Rez Cube".

In your home, find an empty part of the floor and drag your Rez Cube there. (drag it from your inventory). Rightclick it and choose Edit. You  choose Move. Now you can move it, and stretch it so it covers your floor. If you have several rooms you can stretch it so it cover all the rooms. Move it as far down as you can, so its top is just over your original floors. Firestorm has a genial extra set of tools. When you choose Edit, then choose Object. You will see x, y, z under Position. Click z arrow down. This moves your object in small, precise movements down. Suddenly your Object disappears under your floor. Don't panic. Click the z arrow 1 or 2 times up. Now you have a plywood floor and that is not attractive. Rightclick the plywood floor again, choose Edit. Then click on Texture. Click on the square plywood texture. You open a texture picker window. Since you have Firestorm, you get a quick selection of Default (plywood), Blank (white) and Transparent. Choose Transparent. You now have a transparent floor that is safe to rez on.

If you are new to basic editing like move and stretch, you first experiment with your plywood cube in the sandbox until you are confident that you can move and stretch it on your floor.

Since you use Firestorm, there is an excellent Firestorm wiki. Read this, look at the Basic Functions and under Advanced Functions, read all under Building. https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/

Sandboxes is your friend. Try to edit all sorts of Copy objects and Items you have. Edit is a very useful tool.Take building classes inworld. 

Edited by Marianne Little
Tried to rewrite it better + typos
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, ProzacGummyBear said:

Marianna that is a lot of info for my tiny sl brain :D 

Take small steps. How about placing a plywood prim cube inside your home and rez no copy items on it? Forget all about editing it. 

Use the cube when you need it, and delete it after. You can make an infinite number of plywood cubes!

A habit I wish I'd learned when I started out: always open the editor (Ctrl-3) before rezzing anything from inventory. (The "editor" here is the "Build Tool" in "Edit" mode. You can get to it from the menubar's "Build" menu, but making that keyboard shortcut automatic makes all the difference.)

The advantage is that this means the item, if successfully rezzed, will be already grabbed in the editor so you can move it around -- and it will be completely evident if it failed to rez.

There are all kinds of arcane reasons why stuff sometimes fails to rez. Pretty much nobody knows all the ways it can go wrong, so just rule-of-thumb: whenever possible, rez either on simple prims or on the bare ground. But because these can go wrong too, just Ctrl-3 first.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.