What has happened to new content?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1524 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

LOL I uninstalled it after less than 24 hours, and swore I will never touch it again.

lol It's not that bad for me. I'm just not able to whip stuff out in a day or two. Probably because I'm too much of a perfectionist.

Edited by Selene Gregoire

2 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

lol It's not that bad for me. I'm just not able to whip stuff out in a day or two. Probably because I'm too much of a perfectionist.

I managed to make a sphere. Anything more complicated than that was too much for my poor little brain.

1 hour ago, Matty Luminos said:

I managed to make a sphere. Anything more complicated than that was too much for my poor little brain.

You might want to check out the most recent release. It's more user friendly than in the past. And be sure to use the tutorials. Just follow them step by step and if you use video tuts you can always stop, start and rewind as needed. It will start making sense and there isn't anything wrong with repeating them as many times as needed. Sometimes repetition is all that is needed to "get it". You just have to keep plugging away at it. 

https://www.blender.org/support/tutorials/

It's worth the effort even if all you are doing is making things for yourself and not to sell. Just remember what Jason Nesmith (Tim Allen) said in Galaxy Quest. Never give up, never surrender! ;)

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

It's worth the effort even if all you are doing is making things for yourself and not to sell.

I'm tempted to say it's worth the effort especially if all you are doing is making things for yourself and not to sell.

Qie mentioned the Belliseria trees and I happen to be working on trees right now, so look at this:

image.thumb.png.e3cc3795122cca059c93a2f89295c403.png

It's 3 LI so ten of them take up about the same number of prims as one of the auto-generated Belli trees and you could probably have a hundred for the same amount of lag. I think it looks better too (even though I wouldn't classify it as an upfront feature tree) but taste differs of course.

There's no money in building manually from scratch like this of course but to me the satisfaction of having done a good job is reward enough.

I'm not criticising the Belli tree btw. The tree in this picture took a few hours to make, the Belli tree a few minutes and since the Moles have tons of prims to spare anyway and don't seem to be too concerned about lag, it's cost effective for them and good enough to keep.

Edited by ChinRey
Typos
  • Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1524 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.