My House is Gone

JoJo Aurelia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Today I TP'd to my Linden home on Belisseria, a traditional home I've owned since it opened. Ok, right? WELL, to my surprise my house is now owned by someone else? My account is in good standing! I didn't abandon my house. What is going on? I put up a ticket but not expecting help from the Lab. But that's just so wrong on every level. I went through all my emails, perchance they send me some violation, which is nuts b/c I rarely go to this house! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Faye Feldragonne said:

Today I TP'd to my Linden home on Belisseria, a traditional home I've owned since it opened. Ok, right? WELL, to my surprise my house is now owned by someone else? My account is in good standing! I didn't abandon my house. What is going on? I put up a ticket but not expecting help from the Lab. But that's just so wrong on every level. I went through all my emails, perchance they send me some violation, which is nuts b/c I rarely go to this house! 

The only thing I can suggest is to take a look at your ‘My mainland’ page in the Land Manager section of your dashboard, that will show any land that you own just in case you’ve made a mistake with the location. Obviously if there’s nothing there, then something very strange has definitely happened. I do hope you get the situation resolved!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I would contact Live Chat rather than wait for a ticket to get through the pipeline (after first checking to make sure I had TPd to the correct parcel). 

ETA: Regarding "not expecting any help", I have always found Support, and the Land team in particular, to be extremely helpful. Give them a chance to resolve the issue before judging.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Faye Feldragonne said:

I put up a ticket but not expecting help from the Lab.

LL will always respond to tickets but it may take them some time. If I remember correctly, response time for non-urgent issues is a week or so.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I hope you update us on the result.  I'm curious if they restore your land, or if they leave the land with the new person.  I would guess that you'd be out of luck even if it was a mistake, because from LL's perspective, they'd rather have one irritated customer than two.  But, who knows.  Good luck to you, so sorry this happened!

Edited by Faye Blackheart
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Faye Feldragonne said:

same thing happened to me a while back, nothing was done, nothing could be done i guess in my case, they were having  some issues, and restarted the sim, i had just gotten the camper only 30 minutes beforehand and when i came back it belonged to someone else. Linden Lab did contact me in respoce to my ticket and apologized  

Edited by heartzwhim
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, heartzwhim said:

same thing happened to me a while back, nothing was done, nothing could be done i guess in my case, they were having  some issues, and restarted the sim, i had just gotten the camper only 30 minutes beforehand and when i came back it belonged to someone else. Linden Lab did contact me in respoce to my ticket and apologized  

THANK you. At least I'm not going crazy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, heartzwhim said:

i think this is something different, as you got it just before the restart of the region, the ownership might not been saved by a glitch in the back up.
OP had the house, as stated much longer.
Message most likely will be the same... sorry but find another.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i think this is something different, as you got it just before the restart of the region, the ownership might not been saved by a glitch in the back up.
OP had the house, as stated much longer.
Message most likely will be the same... sorry but find another.

LL should offer another one as replacement. They are building new homes and releasing them day by day. LL could set a home to a name, I am sure.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

Is your house owned by someone named Quartz Mole by any chance?

I didn't think about that! Go to World > About Land on top of your screen, and see who's parcel owner. As Beth says, all houses are owned by Quartz Mole.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I didn't think about that! Go to World > About Land on top of your screen, and see who's parcel owner. As Beth says, all houses are owned by Quartz Mole.

perhaps she touched the walls  ,and that shows Quartz Mole as owner  ,i find it weird after so long you can lose your home .when you didnt abandon and are still premium 

• Like 1

The About Land initial screen, besides showing the Land (parcel) owner, also shows a Date Claimed field I believe (SL is not letting me log in right now to check)  so you would be able to see when the current owner became the parcel owner, and get an idea of when the switch might have happened.   Best wishes for a speedy resolution for this issue...

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Lukas Thetan said:

Any notification of items being returned to the OP when the new owner took over the parcel? Is there an overlooked coalesced object in the OP's Lost & Found folder? 🤷‍♂️

I wondered about this as well, Lukas. I'm really thinking the OP was looking at the wrong parcel, or as others suggested, not checking the About Land box. I can't see how the parcel could have been given away without all the OP's items flying back into her inventory, and I would think that's something that a person would notice. 

• Like 2

I've experienced the same. Just for clarification, I logged off at my home & later logged back on to "my" parcel & I noticed the name of my land was different. I checked the "About Land" section & to my surprise the owner was no longer me, and it was now owned by someone else! I know for a FACT I did not abandon before I logged, because although the parcel was not my "dream beach home" it did have a pretty flower garden and driveway so I was just going to settle in for a while as it was my 5th attempt and the availability of Victorians was dwindling down at the time. (This was during the release of the new Victorian's during sometime in December, when the releases were being timed seemingly sporadically throughout the days.) When I logged back on the next day, I was bummed bc I no longer had a home AND there weren't any Victorians displayed on the land page. I never filed a report bc I just took it at as a sign that maybe that wasn't the home for me & this was sort of a forced way to keep home hunting & I doubted that anything would have come from telling LL BUT it was super uncalled for 😪

Edited by AlexusAbrianna
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, AlexusAbrianna said:

I never filed a report bc I just took it at as a sign that maybe that wasn't the home for me & this was sort of a forced way to keep home hunting & I doubted that anything would have come from telling LL BUT it was super uncalled for 😪

Just a thought about this last bit: If a glitch is not reported to LL, then they don't know to look into it and hopefully prevent it from happening to someone else. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, AlexusAbrianna said:

I've experienced the same. Just for clarification, I logged off at my home & later logged back on to "my" parcel & I noticed the name of my land was different. I checked the "About Land" section & to my surprise the owner was no longer me, and it was now owned by someone else! I know for a FACT I did not abandon before I logged, because although the parcel was not my "dream beach home" it did have a pretty flower garden and driveway so I was just going to settle in for a while as it was my 5th attempt and the availability of Victorians was dwindling down at the time. (This was during the release of the new Victorian's during sometime in December, when the releases were being timed seemingly sporadically throughout the days.) When I logged back on the next day, I was bummed bc I no longer had a home AND there weren't any Victorians displayed on the land page. I never filed a report bc I just took it at as a sign that maybe that wasn't the home for me & this was sort of a forced way to keep home hunting & I doubted that anything would have come from telling LL BUT it was super uncalled for 😪

My alt had a similar problem when the Atole houseboats were released. She was given a houseboat, clicked the link in the backend "my land" to go there and when she got there a couple of minutes later it was owned by someone else.   So things DO happen. She didn't really want a houseboat so not a big deal. Still, it could have been devastating for someone that had been trying for a houseboat for months. 

• Like 3

I fear that if it is a glitch and starts spreading can have terrible consequences. More if it can happen after months of use of a house cause then it means users well attached to that spot will fear always to see it gone by due glitch, does removing any confidence towards Bellisseria and Linden labs.

Lets hope this issue can be clarified asap.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Just a thought about this last bit: If a glitch is not reported to LL, then they don't know to look into it and hopefully prevent it from happening to someone else. 

Yes this is true, but hopefully this forum will help document a few of these occurrences. At the time, this was a couple of days before Christmas & I was more preoccupied with my rl and did not have time to take away from work, friends & family to even log on, much less file a report for a LH. Honestly, that was the LEAST of my worries. However, now that I have more time perhaps I will file a report.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, foneco Zuzu said:

I fear that if it is a glitch and starts spreading can have terrible consequences. More if it can happen after months of use of a house cause then it means users well attached to that spot will fear always to see it gone by due glitch, does removing any confidence towards Bellisseria and Linden labs.

Lets hope this issue can be clarified asap.

Agreed. Hopefully most of the people this has happened to will file a report to properly document the issue and make sure that LL is aware of it. 

• Like 1

Here is an article I did in May on how to backup your home. It was not in case of THIS issue as we didn't know it existed -- or at least "I" didn't. But I always have mulitple backups of every build, home and installation.  It has saved me many times. If you are a bit gacha user then this will be less helpful. But still something to make you feel a "bit" safer.   

https://chicatphilsplace.blogspot.com/2019/05/home-and-garden-backups.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.