LINDEN REALMS CLOSED FOREVER ? ? ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

•  
  •  
  •  
  • Resident
  • 1 post

In the destination guide there is LINDEN REALMS but when you go there it is CLOSED. And it has been closed for quite some time without any notification !! Is Linden Realms closed forever ? Usually they have sent update but now nothing ! Bad customer Service especially when people are Still coming to stand behind the gate and waiting get in and it has been about two months since it was open !!!!!!!!!!!!!

23 minutes ago, MimiMarmelade said:
  • it has been about two months since it was open

just to add... this is indeed a very long time
for ironing small things out i would expect a week or so...   :)

i never used or even been there, but things you like are always harder missed than other things

• Like 1

It would improve our speculations about when the Realms might reopen if we knew more what the Moles were supposed to fix.

Over the years I've heard complaints that the game was too simple, making it practical for bots (or bot-assisted players) to out-compete normal human players by virtue of reaction time and network latency. If I recall correctly, an earlier revamping of the game was supposed to address whatever the state of the art of cheating was back then. I'd stopped visiting Realms before the bots even arrived, so I have no idea if that fix was successful, or if the problem recurred as cheaters got more sophisticated, but if they're fighting such an arms race it wouldn't be surprising if it took some time.

If on the other hand they're trying to overcome technical problems with gameplay, it could be an even longer development time. The Realms game used special, then-new stuff that became Pathfinding and Experiences; if they need to fix problems with those underlying functions -- or even basic problems with sim and script performance that have emerged in the past year or so -- those could be taking a long time indeed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.