Looking for friends, meet people, etc.

Oexy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1524 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!

How are you guys?

I'm doing good right now!

I'm looking for making friend, in order to meet you; to see that we have a good connection/interest, your personality. 

About Me

I am deaf woman who is 20 year old. I like manga, youtube, netflix, hulu, movies, tv shows, having fun & a good time. (For anime, I have to tell you that I haven't seen new anime in while but I do like old animes such as One Piece, Detective Conan, Sailor Moon, etc.) My personality is very caring about you, sweet, happy to see you, could be goofy and funny if you think I am funny, and always try to cheer you up if you are in having bad day. 

I dislike

• texting unless its for like meet up time, bad day, etc. (I really like having conversation in person, I know its virtual world but you get me)
  • some foods (Very picky eater)

I know it's short there up but I do have lot of that but I can't remember.

I'm online at mostly night or some daylight (I'm in Central Zone Time). I could be not here at some day due to work but willing to try to be there at some point on everyday but I take my real life seriously. 

Also, I know my account is 7 months old... I tried to do it in the beginning due to compilcated things and find to hard to meet people but I did meet three people, one of them tried to help me. So I gave up... now i'm back, like around the week, this time, I will not give up because it's hard for me but its getting easier now. I researched alot and see their people's  experience on it, everyone was new at first and did what I did that is hard for them. Mostly they said its take times, and will get easier. I'm trying, just remember I'm new at this. 

You could comment below it, you could say about yourself if you want to, etc. 

I'm asking for a chance for meet me if you might be friends with me. 

Have a good day, everyone! 😊

On 1/22/2020 at 5:21 AM, Oexy said:

(...)I tried to do it in the beginning due to compilcated things and find to hard to meet people but I did meet three people, one of them tried to help me. So I gave up... now i'm back, like around the week, this time, I will not give up because it's hard for me but its getting easier now. I researched alot and see their people's  experience on it, everyone was new at first and did what I did that is hard for them. Mostly they said its take times, and will get easier. I'm trying, just remember I'm new at this. (...)

SL doesn't have a steep learning curve, it has an abyss. It's like trying to present a space program to a civilization that just figured out fire.
As a beginner you need all the help you can get, and then some, never turn down help from someone but be clever.

Some people will offer help with good intentions, others with ill ones.

Don't give anyone your map rights, if anyone asks that is a massive red flag.
Be careful when any dialog box pops up, do NOT click accept on anything without reading first, you'll hear objects can steal your money, they can't, they CAN ask you for permission to take it but you are the one that has to give it, the dialog window even shows up in bright yellow and people still click on it without reading...
Don't give anyone your password, don't click on any suspicious links but don't be paranoid either, someone trying to help you might send you a link to an image capture website such as imgur or gyazo, they do this because uploading a throw away picture would cost 10L$.

On 1/22/2020 at 5:21 AM, Oexy said:

texting unless its for like meet up time, bad day, etc. (I really like having conversation in person, I know its virtual world but you get me)

I see that you understand SL is a visual medium, one thing you'll hear people constantly talking about is an avatar appearance, you will be judged by it remember that, building an avatar with personality is a substantial undertaking but also very rewarding.
Avoid common pitfalls, don't buy anything at first glance.
Take your time, this might take weeks or months, build it up with demos, you cannot try enough demos or for long enough. A good strategy is to do it over time, making your shape for example, you can work on it using demos and once you feel you had enough for the day and rather do something else, save your work and go do something else, come back to it next time.

• Like 1

@Dean Haystack Thank you so much for the advice. Yes I learned SL's avatar, shopping, demo,... its takes few day to learn and i got my first outfit. One more thing, this map rights, thank you for that.. also, i don't know where is my maps rights. I'm on Firestorm View. I seen maps but what exactly is my right? 

On 1/24/2020 at 8:15 AM, Oexy said:

One more thing, this map rights, thank you for that.. also, i don't know where is my maps rights. I'm on Firestorm View. I seen maps but what exactly is my right? 

Map rights means you allow a user to find you in world.
When you look at your friends list, after the name you will have 5 check boxes.

1. Friend can see when you are online
  2. Friend can locate you on the map
  3. Friend can edit, delete or take objects
  4. You can locate them on the map
  5. You can edit this friend's object

You can only toggle the first 3 boxes, the description is self explanatory.
The first will let that friend know when you come online, but fair warning even if you uncheck that to hide yourself there are other ways to tell if you are or aren't online.
The second is the map rights, when you check that box that friend can find you on the world map and teleport to you directly, anyone inclined to stalk you can ask you for this and as a new user that doesn't know what they are doing you might check that box and then not remember how to turn that off. You can see this when you open the world map, there will be a drop-down select box that says My Friends Online, if anyone gave you permission to find them, that's where you go.
The third one allows that friend to edit your objects, the text is a bit misleading, they can't "take" your stuff as in steal it from you. They can't edit your avatar directly either. You can give that to someone you trust around your house if you ever get to rent a parcel and get a house they can help you adjust your couch into place and things like that.

The forth tells you if that friend lets you locate them on the map, again to do this, you open the world map, there will be a drop-down select box that says My Friends Online.
The fifth shows you if a friend has given you permission to edit their objects.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1524 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.