Jump to content
Bree Giffen

Unpopular opinions

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

For people's weights, yes, a fair number of us do. A lot of people can do it in kilos and that's probably more popular, but I find stones easier. When Americans tell me a person's weight, I have to mentally divide it by 14 to get an idea of what they mean. I find imperial measurements much easier to visualise, even though I know metric is a lot simpler. I'm not much good with kilometres either. When I was a child, my mother told me that the distance to our church was a mile, and that's the yardstick I've used ever since.

Derek is by far the most popular RL name for all Goreans, especially the kajagoogoos, but to be fair, a decent number of them are called Clive or Humphrey. Their Glorious Leader thinks Doreen and Beverley are sexy names, so actually it's an improvement. I live in hope that one day, one of them really will invent a truly By The Book sim with demonstrably reduced gravity as it's supposed to be, so they all bounce around like crap space hoppers while suffering from muscle wastage and nausea. Which, ironically, is what they spend their RL time doing.

 

lol OK, so we may not agree on much, but we definitely have the same opinion of Gor.  That's a start ;)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

This is not the place to do that. Try an unofficial forum if you can’t leave a review. 

How do you... even leave a review anyways? There's like.. no survery or form for 'reviews'.

What I'm getting at is that I can't state a simple dislike or unpopular opinion and WHY I dislike it when it was asked because its supposed 'smearing'.

Whatever, I'm just not gonna reply to you anymore cause its a hassle, don't really care what people think of my opinion on something, and its my choice whether i like something or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:
8 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I'm afraid I don't understand this thread...or the reason it went the way it did go. Between it and the impeachment trial on CNN playing in the background I feel like I'm having some sort of major dissociative episode... :)   :(

I frequent another forum that's very well known in Britain (wave if you see me but I name change frequently) and the unpopular opinion threads always go badly and get deleted. This is waaaay better than what I'm used to.

Interesting feedback...  Upon thinking further I imagine many feel like others don't really 'get them'...that we all have unpopular opinions.  I mean it doesn't feel good to remember how one is at odds with the rest of the world...and so would create a chaotic thread...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was no way this thread wasn’t going to go straight into the crapper.

I hope some people feel better about having gotten in their punches.

 

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

Interesting feedback...  Upon thinking further I imagine many feel like others don't really 'get them'...that we all have unpopular opinions.  I mean it doesn't feel good to remember how one is at odds with the rest of the world...and so would create a chaotic thread...

The problem, on that forum at least, is that the person who starts it always thinks it's going to be funny or good natured, and to some extent it usually is, but it's never long before people start posting really awful stuff, apparently without any irony. I don't think I've ever seen an unpopular opinion thread over there reach its natural life span, they always seem to get zapped. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Muiregwen said:

How do you... even leave a review anyways? There's like.. no survery or form for 'reviews'.

What I'm getting at is that I can't state a simple dislike or unpopular opinion and WHY I dislike it when it was asked because its supposed 'smearing'.

Whatever, I'm just not gonna reply to you anymore cause its a hassle, don't really care what people think of my opinion on something, and its my choice whether i like something or not.

Do you really think my objection is to your opinion?  No, I object to you using the Official LL forum to smear someone who is not here to defend herself. 
 

A pro tip: NEVER BUY ANYTHING WITHOUT TRYING THE DEMO. If you do, it’s on you.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Selene Gregoire said:

Ohhh! I get it now!

I am unpopular. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. xD

You are so popular I am awarding you my LL houseboat if you ever log in again.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

There was no way this thread wasn’t going to go straight into the crapper.

I hope some people feel better about having gotten in their punches.

 

Too bad some people think this thread was an opportunity to insult others, as opposed to saying they hate Elmo.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Selene Gregoire said:

Ohhh! I get it now!

I am unpopular. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. xD

FWIW, we differ on opinions sometimes but I actually quite like you and think you would be an utterly fascinating person to sit with and just talk about life and experiences. 

And I think as far as being an unpopular poster, I’m right up there at the top (or is it down at the bottom?) with you. 😝

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I'm afraid I don't understand this thread...or the reason it went the way it did go. Between it and the impeachment trial on CNN playing in the background I feel like I'm having some sort of major dissociative episode... :)   :(

Actually, this has been the most amusing thread I've seen in a while.  I'm reading every post, handing out reputation points like they're going out of style.  Any thread with a lot of posts will have some sniping, just makes it quicker to skip those over and move on to something more fun.

Unless you have a serious masochistic streak, take my advice and skip the trial, especially if watching on CNN or MSNBC (or Fox).  The Dems will rage that about how "unfair" the rules are and they'll spout righteous indignation about Orange Man Bad, while the Republicans, short of Jesus himself personally testifying against Trump (assume the Republicans would let even Him testify) will vote to acquit.  Less than a handful of Dems or Republicans will break with their party lines, and then only because they think it will help save their reelections in November.  Meanwhile, the media talking suits will throw in their partisan commentary.  No matter what you think about His Trumpness, watching this traveshammockery will only make you hate the other side more.  At least switch to CSpan and skip the shills who shill.  Or, go do something useful.

Like run outside and use water colors to paint your grass green.  That would be more useful than watching what's going on in  Congress.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

FWIW, we differ on opinions sometimes but I actually quite like you and think you would be an utterly fascinating person to sit with and just talk about life and experiences. 

And I think as far as being an unpopular poster, I’m right up there at the top (or is it down at the bottom?) with you. 😝

pffft you're a piker compared to me.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

You are so popular I am awarding you my LL houseboat if you ever log in again.

Is this one you created? If not... I'm not premium.

I do have a place still on Hither. Par has been super understanding. I'm going to try to log in for a bit this evening.

I do appreciate the thought and your generosity.

I'd rather have one of your kitchens... :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

FWIW, we differ on opinions sometimes but I actually quite like you and think you would be an utterly fascinating person to sit with and just talk about life and experiences. 

And I think as far as being an unpopular poster, I’m right up there at the top (or is it down at the bottom?) with you. 😝

The feeling is mutual. 

Nuh uh. I'm the mostest unpopularistest avatar in the whole universe! So there! :P

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Too bad some people think this thread was an opportunity to insult others, as opposed to saying they hate Elmo.

Pamela, do you remember when we had a disagreement 6 or 8 years regarding how going back in time should be handled in a movie....I just want to tell you that I still remember and....

j/k

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Selene Gregoire said:

The feeling is mutual. 

Nuh uh. I'm the mostest unpopularistest avatar in the whole universe! So there! :P

Um, you forget the one most perpetually unpopular poster on both SL and VVO forums.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

take my advice and skip the trial, especially if watching on CNN or MSNBC (or Fox).

well so far...our beloved leaders are speaking from their own lips...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pamela Galli said:

Um, you forget the one most perpetually unpopular poster on both SL and VVO forums.

Didn't forget so much as ignoring the existence of. That one hasn't changed.

That one also forgets that pretty much everything that was said and done is all there for everyone to find on the way back machine.

I'm half tempted to post that link to the epic threads thread someone recently dug up and then watch the disturbed hornet's nest go crazy.  Half tempted. Which means not happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just going to toss this in here.

The next time I see an announcement about something going on at the Cartel hangout (and I'm available), I'm going to swing by and attend on my current main avi.  The first person who IM's me with "You're Tolya!" will win a cash prize of 1,000L.

/me rubs his hands in glee at the thought of every poor sap who stumbles into the hangout being assailed with "YOU'RE TOLYA!" IM's.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

the Republicans, short of Jesus himself personally testifying against Trump (assume the Republicans would let even Him testify) will vote to acquit. 

I am certain that testifying against Trump would only get Jesus crucified again.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

traveshammockery

What did hammocks ever do to you?! 😝

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Too bad some people think this thread was an opportunity to insult others, as opposed to saying they hate Elmo.

image.png.0b5955b16ede656ac7d23b8a7d4957f8.png

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

What did hammocks ever do to you?! 😝

Lol - it's travesty + sham + mockery.  You likely knew that, but I never saw "hammock" in there before!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:
15 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Um, you forget the one most perpetually unpopular poster on both SL and VVO forums.

Didn't forget so much as ignoring the existence of. That one hasn't changed.

That one also forgets that pretty much everything that was said and done is all there for everyone to find on the way back machine.

I'm half tempted to post that link to the epic threads thread someone recently dug up and then watch the disturbed hornet's nest go crazy.  Half tempted. Which means not happening.

Oh let's do it. If we can find the baddest person in the whole wide world we can feel less bad :)     What FUNNN!    /sarcasm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Didn't forget so much as ignoring the existence of. That one hasn't changed.

That one also forgets that pretty much everything that was said and done is all there for everyone to find on the way back machine.

I'm half tempted to post that link to the epic threads thread someone recently dug up and then watch the disturbed hornet's nest go crazy.  Half tempted. Which means not happening.

image.png.bfff6d99bd88de6cf3d3d8de84d47807.png

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...