Unpopular opinions

Bree Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Unpopular Opinion of Mine (that will probably get some arguments out!)

I... REALLY dislike Maitreya and have no plans of rigging for it and only for other bodies as a 'niche'.

This is due to for RPing that if a clothing piece I like suits my character (like kimonos or lolita fashion), I legit feel forced to wear that mesh body because of the whole 'exclusive' to Maitreya thing when... it's not that great anymore. I prefer Belleza and Slink. I want my kimonos and lolita and all sorts of fantasy gear to those!

But like.. it doesn't support materials/specular... Like those fancy shines on Legacy, Belleza... SLINK (who has a friggin GLOW feature on layers which is pretty badass!)? Yep, can't do those. I don't like the shape of Maitreya either with that awful thigh gap it has. Unless they have a major revamp/update, expect me to not like Maitreya even though it was my first body. (They haven't even updated since I got the body over a YEAR ago! Just a BOM relay..)

There, that is my unpopular opinion which I'm for SURE is unpopular. XD

• Like 9

Count me with Beth and Chaser with regard to politics here with the caveat that I'd personally like to see politics in general banned as a discussion topic within the forum. Sure, post your event .... Take the discussion to a third party forum.

There's also quite a few users whom I honestly believe revel in disruption or taking a contrary opinion, not to mention those who seem to revel in coming to the aid of someone they believe is being ganged up on...

There's a lot I could list here .... Oh yes, including ARC, Project ArcTan and other things ....

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I can't imagine anyone is going to the hassle of taking and posting photos for the express purpose of merely boosting reputation points.

Everything Maddy does here is for the reputation points, and only for the reputation points.

Your world, your imagination. Her world, her imagination.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

Hey all, let's post our potentially unpopular opinions! What could go wrong?

Anyways, my opinion is that there are too many beautiful avatars and it dilutes the beauty in SL. I think most people need to make themselves more plain looking or ugly so that my avatar will be the fairest of all. 🥴

Different take on that, spending all this time in a world full of air-brushed perfection might not be the healthiest thing for our real life minds.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

those who seem to revel in coming to the aid of someone they believe is being ganged up on...

What could be more loving than assisting a person with less power to defend themselves against those with more power, knowing the gang will most likely turn the attack onto themselves?
And so, my  unpopular opinion is that more people should be willing to confront others, endure the pain, that often occurs when one aids another.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah . . . I was waiting for that . . .

My 300th point was VERY IMPORTANT to me, ok? Yeeesh.

But not the 299 before it or the 17,947 that came after the 300th? 

And you did change it from 200 to 300.

What ever will we do about those ever changing priorities? poke.gif.7a140014a31264e25502488e7ac5d721.gif heehee.gif.3daeaf2018384931b7f32ca140f109d1.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Why would anyone care about those per se? They contribute absolutely nothing. I don't even notice them, tbh (although I will occasionally look at post count).

The Laugh clickie is the most important. If I can rack-up the laugh-count on a comment, then I am happy knowing I was able to bring at least a smile to someone's face. Even ugly faces. Because some of us hav'em. Those are the hardest ones to make smile, because it huuurtz! Otherwise all you allz who dun clickie those thingiez are all poopyheads and can all go jump in the SL sewers! like, fo-reelz.

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

I think this thread is dangerous and asking for trouble.

Beth thinks any discussion of ANYTHING is dangerously asking for trouble...

But THAT probably isn't my UNpopular opinion...

My unpopular opinion: I think we SHOULD be "naming" builders of problem products / builds as well as those that do good things. Silence, NEVER solves anything. Only discussion and debate do that. With some rules of debate to keep it civil, open discourse is better. Without rules of civility it ends up worse - thus why I disfavor "third party forums".

• Like 4

There are some users here who can seemingly post whatever the hell they want, factually incorrect or not, and if you challenge their opinion then you summon their little cult following to shame you.

Im sorry, but if you dont know what youre talking about, dont talk about it. And if you do continue to talk about it then im going to point it out and set the record correct because usually in the case of the tech forums, people are looking for help and need an answer. If you dont provide a valid answer you are not helping and you should not be posting. If i could swear here properly just to get my point across further i would, sometimes people just need to be told:

"You're retarded, shut the ***** up"

People who are posting based off guesswork and quick google searches arent helping, you're feeding people false information and you need to learn how to at the very least expand your google searches beyond reading the first suggestion and copy pasting it.

But all that isnt the major issue, if you say something dumb, someone who knows what theyre saying is going to correct you. Its the obnoxious cult following some of these more popular and long term users seem to have that gets them this flock of followers who reply to everything you post with "youre wrong, heres why, famousperson said this", and then they give you a bunch of laugh reactions. Thats totally cool and definitely isnt detrimental for the person whos actually asking a question and needs help. Take your petty brown nosing somewhere else.

With that is my firm belief there should be no rating or points systems, no user titles, no join date, none of that crap. The reason anonymous forums and boards are so popular is because nobody likes that one ***** with an anime profile picture, 40k posts, two billion tags and stars under their name, a signature the length of Interstate 80 and an ego to match. "I have bigger number, therefore i have bigger *****". Honestly, die.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.