Unpopular opinions

Bree Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1523 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

20 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Anchovies cannot possibly work with anything.  

Pineapple, slim possibility, with ham or canadian bacon only.  And can't even envision having any veggies in that mix.

I rarely eat meat but once in a while I have a pepperoni and pineapple pizza. They go together surprisingly well (I guess because pepperoni tastes somewhat like bacon?). I wouldn't have pineapple on a regular veggie pizza.

I haven't eaten bacon in nearly 20 years.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

@Ceka Cianci

barf.gif.1e48ce010ebe9c27b0fce1fc463acc72.gif

I like ketchup/catsup and I love mac n cheese but the two do NOT go together. 

I'm just glad you didn't post an image of ketchup on fried eggs. barf.gif.1e48ce010ebe9c27b0fce1fc463acc72.gifbarf.gif.1e48ce010ebe9c27b0fce1fc463acc72.gif

My first mother used to make us eat scrambled eggs with ketchup and I could hardly keep them down let alone get them to go down my throat... We had to eat them though otherwise we got in big trouble.

I have a really good recipe for them now,which I only make if any of the boys want them..I don't allow ketchup at the breakfast table or the supper table.. Lunch is fine though. hehehehe

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

My first mother used to make us eat scrambled eggs with ketchup and I could hardly keep them down let alone get them to go down my throat... We had to eat them though otherwise we got in big trouble.

I have a really good recipe for them now,which I only make if any of the boys want them..I don't allow ketchup at the breakfast table or the supper table.. Lunch is fine though. hehehehe

I had the same problem with okra n tomato. Luckily my mom finally realized I wasn't faking the gagging. I could eat the tomatoes but the okra? No effing way. I love fried okra though, just can not eat the slimy okra. I will toss my cookies as soon as it hits my stomach. Same with Pepto Bismol. 

You know, instead of chicken for dinner tonight maybe I'll do breakfast for dinner instead. But the ketchup stays in the fridge. :D

• Like 1

Is there really no way we can somehow go back to wear the shape, wear the skin, wear the hair, maybe add the eyelashes/nails if you really are a sucker for details, wear the clothes? I always found that that kept me busy enough, you never knew how skins and shapes would combine so there was quite enough experimentation in that for me. 

Edited by Amina Sopwith
  • Like 1

My mac and cheese is far too good to ruin with ketchup, but I can at least see why people would do it...cheese and tomato is a pretty common combination. Besides, the mac and cheese in that picture is ruined anyway, it doesn't have the lovely crispy browned bits. Pineapple, that is to say a sweet, exotic, juicy fruit, on a pizza? That's immoral.

Edited by Amina Sopwith
  • Like 1

My own unpopular opinion is that ketchup probably can't make mac and cheese any worse than it is already. I had my fill of mac and cheese decades ago when it was one of the few meals that my kids would eat without a fight, but I swore off it by the early 1990s.  And as much as I love tomatoes in almost anything, I can't remember the last time I had a bottle of ketchup in the house.  It's OK, I guess, but just one of those condiments that I've never found a good use for. So yeah, as long as I don't have to eat it, go ahead and put ketchup on your mac and cheese. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Mayo with fries

at my local takeaway shop then the dip selection with chips (fries) is:

bbq sauce
blue cheese mayo
chilli sauce
chipotle mayo
chipotle salsa
cranberry sauce
garlic mayo
sour cream
sweet & sour mayo
sweet chilli mayo
tomato sauce

the chips themselves come in:
cajun
lemon pepper
plain

and salted or unsalted

a story. I went with a pretty elderly relative one time. He spends like 5 minutes carefully considering all the flavours his chips could be mixed with. I have a little standing up nap while he is doing this. Then he says to the server person: Would it possible please if I could get vinegar on my chips. I do like vinegar on chips.  The server went: I get the manager. Manager comes to the counter: Vinegar eh! For you sir, we have vinegar

which was pretty cool of the manager to do that

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I had the same problem with okra n tomato. Luckily my mom finally realized I wasn't faking the gagging. I could eat the tomatoes but the okra? No effing way. I love fried okra though, just can not eat the slimy okra. I will toss my cookies as soon as it hits my stomach. Same with Pepto Bismol. 

You know, instead of chicken for dinner tonight maybe I'll do breakfast for dinner instead. But the ketchup stays in the fridge. :D

Okra is the only vegetable I can't bear to eat.

It makes its own mucus. 🤮

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

Okra is the only vegetable I can't bear to eat.

It makes its own mucus. 🤮

First, okra needs to be fresh, not frozen ( I assume no one would put okra in a can).

Sautee it in butter, maybe with onion and tomatoes, but fine by itself.

Close your eyes and experience how BUTTERY it is! Buttery, not slimey!

Helps to live in the South (of the US). 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1523 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.